Hey Everyone~
I know many of you prayed for us today as we went to the pre-evaluation for a lung transplant at UAB. Dr. Young started the CF clinic here in Birmingham and he is also on the transplant team. We were very impressed with him and felt very comfortable with his care. He felt the need to be on the transplant list was very crucial. He mentioned that for reason's not known, CF women tend to decline quicker then CF men and he was concerned that my descent was beginning. He would like to continue on with my full evaluation as soon as possible in hopes to finally get on the list. There are lots of other details we talked about and with my right lung having collapsed twice already it has very quickly left me with the only option to do a double lung transplant.
To be fully honest it has been an emotional battle for me today. Satan would love to plague me with all the what-if, my spirit is willing but my flesh is soooo weak. I feel like my prayer for a while now has been, "God I believe.......but please help my unbelief." I know God is in control and thanks to the blessing of my husband, he was able to help me continue to count my blessings today.
1) God moved us to Cullman because he KNEW the future and KNEW we needed to be an hour away from a transplant clinic. Since we only live 45 min. from Birmingham we can continue to live at home!
2) Dr. Young has worked with many CF patients and transplants and I like him. (That's hard to do if you know anything about my history with doctors.) :-)
3) We were given a beautiful baby girl despite my sick body. (Which Dr. Young was very impressed by........God still does miracles)
4) We have wonderful family and friends who love us and have been the best support and strength to us!
I feel tired and weak from the past several months and to think about beginning this new journey is over whelming at times but I know we will just take one day at a time and God will give us strength for each day. Thanks again for your prayers and love!
Love~ Em
Wednesday, January 31, 2007
Update on the transplant
Posted by Emily at 10:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment