Sunday, March 4, 2007

Evaluation Week

We could use your prayers this week as I go in for the evaluation for the transplant. I will be doing a series of tests Monday through Thursday and will go back on April 4th to find out if I will be able to be on the list. We are praying for wisdom as we make some medical decisions and one of those possibly involves stem cells. There is a doctor in California who is very interested in CF and stem cell research and through a family member heard about me and is interested in my case. It's still new stuff for us and we should be talking to the doctor on Monday to get more information. The procedure sounds amazing and has potential for some very positive results for CF patients as well as many other diseases. To make a long story short we are just looking at every option and hopefully prolonging the transplant as long as we can. I am ready to get this week over but I do appreciate your prayers and support!

Love~ Emily

P.S~ If you are interested in learning more about the stem cell research and CF you can go to www.pnas.org/cgi/content/full/102/1/186.

0 comments: