Sunday, May 11, 2008

A Dream......A Miracle

As long as I can remember I always wanted to have a child. It was a dream most people including myself didn't think would ever happen but I prayed for it, and on September 10, 2006 God gave me the miracle of becoming a mother to my beautiful baby girl. I remember holding her for the first time and thinking, "I can't believe she is mine. Is this really my baby? You are really going to let me take her home?" There are not enough words to describe what you feel when you hold your baby for the first time but it's a moment like none other. I really had a strong feeling we were going to have a girl and God had already chosen her name. I was reading a "Baby Name" book and as soon as I came across the name "Faith" I knew that was it! Jason and I never gave it a second thought. It was a step of faith everyday that I carried her, praying that I would not go into early labor, that she would grow healthy and strong, that I would stay healthy as well. It continues to be a step of faith as I'm always learning how to be a better mother and place the future in God's hands. I continue to pray that Faith will someday put her own trust and faith in her Maker, Savior, and Lord.


Faith has been everything I could have hoped for in a daughter and much more! She can be quite a firecracker (not sure where she gets her feisty spirit..... hmm...) but then has the sweetest spirit that shines through even at such a young age. She has brought much laughter to our home and joy in the midst of difficult times. It's hard to believe how fast time as flown by since she first entered into our lives and I've tried to treasure every moment we have had so far. I never could have imagined all the emotions, lessons and amazing journey that comes with being a mother and I'm forever thankful to the Lord for giving me the blessing of a dream come true.


You were just 5lbs 13oz with pretty dark hair and sweeter then sweet!


Never too young to start wearing sunglasses


Faith, you always make walking the halls at the hospital more fun


You are always the best medicine for mama


Beautiful baby girl


You love to go swimming!



Your 1st Birthday


We both need our naps


Mama loves to kiss you!


Love You!!!

4 comments:

Callie said...

Deary!
Now I can comment..I felt a little funny commenting while we were in the same house. I love your blog! Faith is such a miracle! I am sooo thankful you have her. It was so hard to leave ya'll, I miss you guys so much! I'm so sorry I haven't called yet! I will definately call tom. I love you sister! G-night, and I hope you had a wonderful MOTHER DAY!

Tiff said...

What a sweet miracle and you are such an incredible mommy. Happy Mother's Day!!

Sharlie Kaltenbach said...

Emily, thank you for this sweet post. You are such a wonderful mama and Faith must be an extra special little girl to get to come to such an amazing family! I know you know how significant Mother's Day was for me and I'm so grateful that we experienced this miracle and all the blessings that come from being mommies! I love all the pictures, Faith is so beautiful just like you! Happy Mother's Day!!

And then there were Five said...

Hey! We miss you guys! i wish we could jump in the car and drive to your house- i love all the pics that you posted! they set the date of July 31st for the twins- samuel continues to pray for "Ms. Emily's new lungs" everyday- what a little prayer warrior i have on my hands!! We love you guys! Suzanne