Friday, May 9, 2008

Saying good-bye

Sorry it's been awhile since I last wrote on here. I've been trying to recover from my last hospital stay about a month ago now. The allergies have hit me hard this year and it has made it more difficult to bounce back. I also had to say good-bye to my sister as she has headed back home to TX for the summer. Although I'm very happy that she gets to go home and see friends and family and start a fun job, I will miss her company and support. My mom got to be here this week which was a great time and then she drove back with Callie. We had some good girl time!Pray that Jason will be able to keep up with his two girls by himself. (He does a great job!)

The end of this month will mark one year since I've been listed for transplant. Most everyone (including doctors) thought I would have been transplanted within a several months of being listed but we continue to pray and wait. I told my mom the other night I can see from my perspective why God has not allowed it to happen yet and for those blessings I'm very thankful. Just a couple of blessings in my wait are......


* Being able to be with my sister again & her being able to built a special relationship with Faith.
*Getting to spend time with Hayden (Callie's boyfriend). He is going to school several hours away and would come spend the weekends at our house which gave us a great opportunity to get to know him more. He is a great guy!
* Learning many lessons in my own personal walk with the Lord
* Glad Jason gets to be with us, spend lots of time together
* Have built good relationships with people here

I also think and often pray for my donor and their family and wonder how God might be working in their life right now. He might not be done with His plans for them and therefore His timing is always right. I have to remind myself of these blessings and truths or I find my emotions taking a ride on a roller coaster. I told Jason the other day, "I don't know how it's possible but I feel our life right now is so complicated but yet so simple." I guess I would have to write a book to elaborate on that thought but whether complicated or simple God continues to extend His grace when I need it (which is everyday).
Thanks for your comments, cards, & prayers.......Here are some pictures of Faith having a good time with Callie, Hayden, & my mom before they left. She is going to be bored with just Jason and I. =)


Love my Nana!


Faith loves Hayden. She thinks she is the girlfriend not Callie. She gets quite jealous if Callie puts her hand on Hayden's shoulder. Thank goodness Callie is willing to share him. =)



The girls!


Faith loves Hayden a little too much


Going to miss Aunt Callie

4 comments:

Emily T said...

It makes me sad that Aunt Callie is leaving too. How are you holding up? I'm sure it was hard to say goodbye but I'm so encouraged to see your perspective about her being with you this last year. Your endurance and faith continue to bless me and I'm sure many others. We need to plan lunch once you are feeling up to it!

And then there were Five said...

Hi Emily- The pics of your family are great! I am so glad that your mom got to come visit with you before Callie went home! We continue to pray for the transplant to occur swiftly! Thank God that he blesses us even in our times of waiting when it is easy to grow impatient. We love you- The Pachs

Micahl said...

I'm go happy that you have enjoyed so much time with your sister, i know how special that is. I enjoy reading your updates, you encourage me so much in your faith and walk. love you em!

Anonymous said...

Hi Emily. Your faith continues to leave me in awe. I understand your bond with your sisters and with your mom. God has been so good to us to give us such wonderful blessings as our moms and sisters and a great relationship with them as well. Thank you Lord!
Love ya,
Heather Light