Sunday, October 12, 2008

Pumpkin Patch





I really should be packing right now instead of posting on my blog but I know things will be crazy with the move and I'll never get these pictures up if I don't do it NOW! I never grew up going to a pumpkin patch to pick out a pumpkin (we just went to the store) but since we have lived here I have loved going to the "Great Pumpkin Patch". It's so much fun for the kids (& adults) to ride the wagon to the pumpkin patch and pick your favorite pumpkin in the midst of hundreds! It's also a great time to take fall pictures!
At the "Great Pumpkin Patch" they offer more then just pumpkins. There is pony rides, petting zoo, inflatable park & much more! Faith loves horses so she was thrilled to ride a pony! She wasn't afraid at all, in fact she pointed to which one she wanted to ride and ran up to it, ready for someone to put her on it. I guess she gets her love for horses from her mama. =)





Which one to choose? from Emily Mulkey on Vimeo.



My first pony ride! from Emily Mulkey on Vimeo.












Moving/Health Update~
Praise the Lord, my sweet mother in-law, Mitzi, came to help me pack! It is so great to have her here since she is quite an expert in packing/moving. Our house has not sold yet but we need to go ahead and move but we continue to pray that it will sell soon! Since my mom got married and has moved into her new house, we will be able to move into my old house and rent it while we wait for our house to sell. It will also give us time to figure out where we want to live.

Yea!!! Jason got his truck up and running! It was a great moment and we were barely able to get it out of the garage without deflating the tires. Maybe I'll be able to share the footage of the "beast" coming to life! I'm very proud of Jay and the awesome work he has done! It's going to be a fun truck!

I'm feeling pretty well these days. My feet and ankles tend to stay swollen and it gets worse as the day progresses, so I have to take breaks to rest my feet. I have some other not so fun side effects but I am so thankful I can breath and have no rejection right now.

Prayer for us~
*Please pray we will get everything done this week and safe travel
*I'll stay healthy and strong through all the changes
*Pray for Jason as he gets back into work and Faith with the new changes
*That our house will sell soon

4 comments:

Carrie Woods said...

Emily,

I just wanted to tell you that you were on the Lord's mind yesterday! I didn't get to catch you at church to tell you, but in practice early yesterday we were singing Everlasting God and it took me a couple minutes to realize that here was this song popping up again for you at a pivotal time! I'll never forget reading Isaiah 40:31 in a new light according to your situation so long ago when you were in that period of waiting, and waiting... that's all you could do. The promise that strength will rise as you wait upon the Lord and the wonderful hope to be able to run and not be weary, walk and not be faint. Maybe this part of your journey is rising up on wings like eagles... what do you think? I had tagged that song for you so long ago and then was amazed that we were singing it in church on the very day of your transplant. Now, again, on your last Sunday with us in Cullman! Girl, you are loved (by us, sure, but right now, I mean by Him). He WAS thinking of you yesterday and is today as well!

Love you!

Anonymous said...

What a journey this has been and will be in the months to come. Faith is a cutie and Jason and Emily yall aren't so bad either. Glad to hear your health continues to hold Em and we are praying that it will in the hard months to come. Good luck on your move and in selling your house. God will do that for you I know. Take it easy and enjoy your breathing days. We love and miss you. Stay strong. In Him, susan and wes

Katey said...

The pictures are SOOO CUTE!! I'll be praying for you this week. Hope to see you Wed or before you leave!!

Anonymous said...

Emily,
Sometimes when I think of you or read your blog I get so emotional and teary eyed. I am so amazed by you journey. I thank God that He truly has held you in the very palm of His hand! I Praise Him and stand in awe of His mightyness so ultimatly displayed in YOU! I will miss seeing you at church and chatting. Do take care, I hope the very best for you and your precious family. May God go with you and continue to bless you.
Love you,
Heather Light