It has been so fun (yet sad) to watch Faith grow in her ability to understand things, communicate with others and see her personality come out more and more. However with that said once they start talking you never know what might come out or when it will come out. It becomes not an IF it will happen but a WHEN it will happen and then you either have to laugh or be highly embarrassed by the situation. We had one of those this week. Of course, I never thought I would be posting about me being in a public restroom but this was too much to pass up.
I had to go get my routine blood work done at the hospital this week and it just so happened that I woke up having horrible cramps and constipation. I decided I could make it there but after I had checked in I had to excuse myself to the restroom. So here I am sitting in the restroom with Faith, feeling like I'm about to explode and in much pain and my daughter turns to me and says very sweetly but quite loudly, " Mama.......it really hard?" She continues to say this over and over again (that's one thing about toddlers they NEVER say something once!) I'm trying to acknowledge her and thank her for her concern for me but wishing she would just bring her voice down a little! Then, to top off the conversation that I'm sure everyone is enjoying.......she proclaims in a VERY loud screech (which she does at home), "EEEWWWW.......STINKY POOPS!" Now, everyone has a moment by moment play of our time together in the bathroom stall. I had to smile and laugh......what else do you do?
To give you a quick health update, I'm doing pretty well. I've been struggling with nausea, throwing up and dehydration (24/7) for about 3 months now (and NO I'm not pregnant so don't get concerned) however, I have had 4 good days this week. The doctors have been constantly changing my meds trying to figure out which one is causing me to be so sick. Yet, with my anti-rejection meds there are only so many you can switch too and have to stay in the right range so that your lungs don't go into rejection. My kidney function has been pretty high recently and they feel it's due to the nausea and dehydration so that is a little concerning. That's partly way I go in every week for labs to check it and continue to pray it will go down. Like I said before it is always a balancing act to keep everything working well. I try to focus on all the good things the Lord has given me and not focus on the difficult ones.
We were able to go on a family vacation to celebrate my 1 year anniversary and it was a great time! I hope to post some videos and pictures of that next week!
Friday, June 19, 2009
Conversations you might hear in a public restroom
Posted by Emily at 10:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
That is funny..of course I could also see it being embarassing!! But a precious memory!!
I hope that you continue to have good days...and weeks to come! Sorry the nausea is such a major issue. I know how you feel. Hopefully they can figure out the right combinations of medicines! I hope to see you soon...although i have to go to clinic next week, so will probably miss you once again! I'm praying for you though!
Em-children are always good for a laugh and that is a story you will tell for her entire life!
Our precious baby Shiloh and Weslee are here visiting with us this week, so we are having fun spoiling, rocking, and laughing with her. What a joy! Hang in there with the nausea-we pray the docs can find the right combination. Stay strong, In Him, susan and wes
Hi Emily,
Thanks for your sweet thank you card. I hope you are feeling better soon.
Love ya,
Heather Light
Post a Comment