We are still here! I'm sorry I haven't written in a while. I would like to just say we have been too busy for me to write but that's not the whole truth. I've been avoiding my blog and having to talk about my struggle and attitude of recent. Never could have I imagined how God would use this blog to not only keep family and friends connected with us but teach me so much about what it means to walk with him as I expose my weaknesses and a constant need of a Savior. So before I begin to explain my absent I just want to thank all of you who read this and thank you for letting me be real and honest with you.
My body has gone through many changes due to my CF and transplant and although I have excepted many of them I was not ready for what was in store for me this fall. Due to catching the swine flu this summer and the toll it took on my body I began to loose my once long, thick hair. I have always been thankful for my hair. I would always say it was the healthiest thing I had and if you asked any of my friends who cut my hair they would tell you they have NEVER known anyone that had such thick hair. Whatever pounds I was lacking on my body I made up for it with my hair. =) It began falling out in September but the doctors felt like it would stop as I regained my strength. However, so far that has not been the case. I spent most of last week in the hospital due to pneumonia and the continual stress on my body caused my hair to really come out. As I lay in bed during my hospital stay I could tell my hair was thinning a lot and I couldn't bare to look in the mirror, and as I fell into depression the Lord kept whispering Proverbs 31:30. "Charm is deceitful, and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised." I did NOT want to hear that verse and I pushed away what the Lord was trying to say! I was angry, WHY?! After, all that I had gone through why couldn't have the Lord just let me keep one thing I treasured. I got out of the hospital Wednesday afternoon and I was so embarrassed and angry that I chose to not be with my family on Thanksgiving Day. I wanted to sleep and hide away and so Faith went over to my sister in-laws house and spent Thanksgiving with all of our family while my sweet husband stayed home with me.
Not only did I miss being with our family this Thanksgiving and being far from having a thankful heart for what I did have, I didn't want to see what God was so gently trying to help me see. The truth was He did care about every hair that fell from my head because He not only did He give me all that hair, He knows the number of them (Mt 10:30). Although that had been stripped, He thought I was still beautiful because I am still His child and He was using something in my life to help my heart become more like His. Because, like in Proverbs 31:30, He knows things in this life can be fleeting and He is faithful in helping me become the woman He talks about in this verse. I am far from being the Proverbs 31 woman but with tears and a surrendered heart I can honestly say I pray that maybe...... just maybe my willing heart and faithful Lord will help me become such a woman.
I am getting better from my pneumonia and I am in the midst of trying to get over a stomach bug too but with all that said I am doing better. So, what is my plan from here......well, tomorrow I am going with my mom to possibly find a wig. So, the next time you see a picture of me who knows what I'll look like. =) For all of those of you who know me well, you know it was a HUGE deal for me to start getting highlights, you could say I'm not a risk taker when it comes to my hair but NOW the possibilities of style and color are endless. Jason has always had a thing for red heads so maybe that's in the near future for me.....hmmm......who knows? =)
If you could keep us in your prayers this week as I try to get over this sickness and pack up my house because we could possibly be moving into our new house this weekend! Thank you and I hope your Thanksgiving Day was a great one!
Monday, November 30, 2009
Proverbs 31:30
Posted by Emily at 2:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




7 comments:
Oh Em~~ don't really know what to say...I sure don't understand why you continue to have such struggles. All I know is God really trusts you and is trying to mold you to use you MORE for His kingdom than He already has. {which I find kinda hard considering you have already changed so many lives} :)
I will say that, reading your blog touches my heart in a personal way, I have very, very thin hair and it has been thinning so much more as I get older. This has really bothered me because, I too, like you, have always thought my hair was one of the nicest things about my outward appearence. I really struggle with insecurity and my hair getting thinner and thinner adds/added to that insecurity ten fold. But, once again, you have taught me there are more important things. I am certainly not comparing my struggles with yours,as I know how much much more you have endured..all this to say..thank you..once again for sharing who you are, who you are becoming, who God is transforming you into. Girl you rock! I am thinking of you and can't wait to see your new "Do"!
Definitely praying for you! I got out of the hospital Wednesday night too after surgery; wanted to just lay around Thursday; but pushed myself into going over to family for Thanksgiving Dinner. I'm so sorry you have had such a rough year (Fall season); everyone that has gotten the Swine Flu that I know of-CFers--have gotten pneumonia afterwards. Kinda of awkward, but thought I might mention that. I know of at least 4 people! I struggled with the hair issue for a very long time after transplant. And one time in the hospital, my hair was so tangly and up in knots, the nurses had to cut a huge chunk out...it was awful. Mine has grown back, extremely thick and I love my hair. So I can definitely relate and know that is difficult to understand and deal with. You are beautiful in the inside, but will definitely be praying for that outside beauty as well! Love ya!
My sweet Emily-I could feel something was wrong and I have tears as I read your blog. You are such a strong woman and I know that God will pick you up and carry you during this time-He is always faithful!
You will be beautiful no matter what color your hair is, no matter what style it is.
I pray you feel better soon and have a great holiday season. Have fun with this new chapter of your life with the house. A new place to make memories.
We love you so! Stay strong in Him, luv, susan and wes
WOW - your strength is amazing... I am praying for you and please know your Northbrook family constantly lifts you and your family before our Lord.
Hey girl!!
Thanks for the update---I've been keeping up through Mimi Johnson, but it is always to nice to "hear" your voice!
Mimi can relate to the hair thing--and the neat thing is--when she got hers back, she didn't have a grey hair and still doesn't!!! Not that you had grey, but just encouraging you that sometimes things get worse before they better. I guess you know that pretty well, though, huh?!
Let me know if we can help during the move. We're not too far away!
Love you,
Phyllis
Sister,
I'm sorry what you're going through is so tough. Thank you, though, for sharing your heart. Your words encouraged me so much. I know God will supply you with strength to see you through every trial. You are a living miracle; a testimony of God's faithfulness and amazing grace. It is s breath of life to read how you continue submit to God and how he continues to lift you up. I love you!
-Callie
Emily, I sort of understand the sadness related to lose of hair. For whatever reason, mine started coming out some months ago. I too went thru a sort of depression over it. I have hair, but it is not the thick hair I've always been proud of...hummm, maybe that is the answer...pride? But, your attitude about all that has happened to you and is happening is short of a miracle!Your decision to have a SHORT time of depression over your hair and now you are moving on is amazing! I continue to pray for you daily and everytime your name passes thru my heart! Be sure to post a picture of your new do! I'd like to see you as a redhead! You are beautiful...no matter what! Love you, Johnnie B
Post a Comment