Yep, you guessed it........I am now a red head! I never thought I would change my hair color but as I'm finding out life has lots of unexpected turns. My mom and I went last week to the wig store and when we got there she asked me what style or color I was thinking. When I told her I wanted to see what red would look like she was quite shocked and I could tell she thought I was a little crazy BUT when I tried one on she changed her tune very quickly. It was even more interesting when I tried on a blonde one and we both thought it washed me out and that the red really looked better with my skin color and eyes. With my new do, I thought we should head over to the CFA and see if my husband noticed me. When we pulled up to the store, he was standing out in the parking lot and so Faith, my mom and I started walking toward him. He looked at me and quickly turned around but after hearing Faith say, "daddy! daddy!" he turned around again and you could see he was confused to see his daughter...... but with a red haired lady. It didn't take him too long to figure out his daughter had not been kidnapped by a strange woman and he got a big smile and kept saying, "wow....oh my goodness......wow.....you look so great.....I can't believe you really went red!" (If you remember from my last post Jason has always liked red heads so I probably never would have done it if it weren't for him) =)
Tuesday, December 8, 2009
Oh my........RED!
So, for the rest of the day I enjoyed showing off my new do. I gave my sister in-law, Christie, quite a shock as I walked into her house and she thought, "who is this strange woman just walking into my house!" It's been quite humorous walking up to my family and friends not acting like anything is different and they looking at me like I'm some stranger that knows them but they don't have a clue who this person is. I about gave my brother a heart-attack when he walked into my house and I was cleaning dishes and all he saw was me from behind. He said he had to make sure he was in the right house or confront some stranger in my house. Over all I think most people like it and I have really enjoyed it. So, if my hair comes back maybe I will have to turn it red. I told Jason the red unfortunately matches my temper better then blonde so maybe I was suppose to be a red head all along. ;)
*We have had some unexpected problems come up with the house so we weren't able to close on Monday but hopefully we will this week and move maybe over this weekend. I'm so ready to get in so I can put up our Christmas stuff. I'll try to get a picture of it up so you can see how it looks now!
Posted by Emily at 3:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




9 comments:
You look beautiful!! Love it!! :)
I love it! It looks normal, like you have been a red-head for ever!! I love the style of it too!!
Em-you look fantastic. Maybe you should stay red headed forever. It looks so natural on you and you are BEAUTIFUL! Stay well and don't run yourself into the ground.
You are amazing-what a Prov. 31 woman. In Him, susan and wes
WooHoo! You look marvelous! Love the cut too!
Toooooo cute!!!
Phyllis
Wow! Looks great! Especially with the green sweater you were wearing. Like it alot!
I love it.......thanks so much for sharing!!! I can't wait to see pictures of your new house....be sure to post some of Jason's garage. Love, Beth L.
You look awesome!!! Love ya-Cheri
I love it!! Your so cute and look so different, but a good different.
Hang in there girl, you have so many folks rooting for you! Have a Merry Christmas!!
Glenda Dickey
From Northbrook
Post a Comment