My cousin posted a 100 things about herself on her blog and I enjoyed reading all the funny, and interesting things about her (I mean interesting in a good way, Tiff, hehe) so I thought I would give it a shot and give people some funny info about myself. Also I told.....well promised my friend, Emily, I would do the 100 things since she did it herself. So........here it goes
1. I love my family
2. Most people don't know I love going to hockey games. But, if you come with me don't expect to chat while I watch the game. =)
3. I'm thankful our family is in a family business with Chick-Fil-A
4. Even though I'm from TX I can't eat very spicy foods
5. My first ticket was cutting off a police man (not on purpose, he was not very happy)
6. I have the most wonderful daughter in the world!
7. I tend to have a hard time with change
8. I look forward to the day when I can take a full breath
9. I love the Lord
10. I always enjoy playing card games, board games
11. Jane (my niece) and I would love to have horses together someday (we are still trying to talk Jason & Brandon into it)
12. Most people don't believe me when I say I do NOT like cookies, brownies, or chocolate (except for some candy bars)
13. My husband is perfect for me
14. I'm thankful for God's grace and strength to sustain me all these years
15. I love reading
16. Francine Rivers is one of my favorite authors (I have read all of her wonderful books and am waiting for a new one to come out)
17. I finished my volleyball season in junior high with my PICC line in, much to my doctor's dismay (a PICC line is a more long term IV)
18. I'm very close with my sister and mom
19. I gave my heart to the Lord when I was 7
20. I was able to go on a Make-A-Wish trip to Disneyworld when I was 16 (they made me feel like royalty, a wonderful organization)
21. I tend to be a perfectionist
22. I always like Faith to wear a bow when we go out (my perfectionist side). I wanted her to wear it when she was little so nobody would ask me if she was a boy or girl. Poor Jason has just had to get use to it.
23. I'm trying to get into scrap booking but once again my perfectionist side keeps me from just getting it done, believe me you can ask my sister in-law, Christie. =)
24. I love rain
25. Cloudy days make me happy (makes most people sad)
26. I'm a big fan of the series "24"
27. I wake my husband up more times then he would like to tell him to turn over because he is snoring (it's better now that he has a CPAP)
28. Jason and I went to Maui for our honeymoon (a wonderful place!)
29. I've done my IV's pretty much any where you can think of (work, movie theater, car, at the park.......always brings interesting looks)
30. I love my husband's moolatte's
31. I like the tv show "The Office"
32. Christmas is my favorite holiday
33. No matter how cold it is I do not like to wear socks to bed! Makes my feet feel like they are sophicating. =)
34. I would love to adopt someday
35. I've kept a journal since I was 12
36. I love to go on trips (About every couple months and I start feeling the need to go somewhere)
37. I enjoy driving, I was ready to drive from a very young age!
38. I bought a winter hat for my husband one Christmas and he made the comment not knowing I had bought it for him, "I would not be caught dead wearing this!" He quickly knew I had bought it for him by the look on my face (he felt awful and apologized) and to sum it up we took the hat back and exchanged it for something he would use!
39. I would love to go to Europe someday
40. I also like to have the fan going at night even in the winter
41. I've never had a massage until this year (it was great!)
42. Sometimes I miss the simplicity of being a child
43. I love playing and reading to Faith
44. I’ve had the pleasure of going off roading in Jason’s Jeep M715 and being so deep in mud it was coming through my window
45. I have wonderful in-laws
46. Believe it or not I enjoy the Dr. Quinn series (I was in love with Sully, but then again who wasn’t?)
47. But……I’ll take Jason over Sully any day now
48. I’m not much of a phone talker
49. I love my new lap top (thanks to all my family)
50. I enjoy remembering friends/ families birthdays and anniversaries
51. I tend to remember dates well
52. I look forward to being able to laugh without coughing
53. I often wish I didn’t take life so serious all the time (thanks to Jason he has taught me a lot about letting some things go and just to enjoy life)
54. I don’t care to watch the news, it’s always so depressing
55. I played piano for 6 years
56. I get on food/drink kicks like- Mike-N-Ikes, Taco salads, Moolattes, Bahama Bucks shaved ice (the best ever). They all seem to be strange kicks but they can last for a couple weeks to a couple months. With strange cravings you would think I was pregnant all the time!
57. I am not a morning person
58. I seem to get the most done in the evenings or night, maybe that's because Faith is asleep =)
59. I love kisses from Tates (Faith)
60. I have a problem not throwing away shampoo bottles and so we usually have at least 2 shampoo and 2 conditioner bottles at any given time. Not sure why I find it so hard to throw them out, I guess I just keep thinking there is still some more in there we can use!
61. I enjoy wearing inexpensive fun, big earings
62. I like spending time with my nieces and nephews (all 6 of them)
63. I love babies
64. My life verse is- 2 Cor. 12:8-10, Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
65. I often wish I had the guts to change my hair or do something different with it but once again I have a hard time changing things. It was a big deal for me to finally get highlights several years ago. (Micahl, you’ve always amazed me with your bravery to change/ try new things with your hair and I have to say you have always looked great!)
66. I enjoy camping, except in New Braunfels, TX in July! When you end up sleeping in the car with the ac running all night (Jason says it was a miracle our car didn’t blow up) because you are so hot not even being naked cools you down, you think to your self, “I’m never doing this again!”
67. I enjoy family get togethers
68. I will never forget the miracle of Faith’s birth
69. I’ve always had a fascination with the story of Titanic. Anything I can learn or watch about it interest me.
70. I volunteered as a counselor at the Pregnancy Crisis Center for a couple of years. I loved doing this and hope to someday return to this wonderful ministry. I’ve learned much from the girls/woman who I have had the privilege of meeting and God has taught me much about what it means to be a servant.
71. I love Dr. Pepper (a bad habit I need to break!)
72. I enjoy swimming. I was on a swim team for several years through junior high & high school.
73. It annoys me when people step on my flip-flop from behind
74. I enjoy spending time outside on my porch swing (one of the great things about the south)
75. I'm really glad my sister lives with us!
76. Don’t like roller coasters! I’m not brave enough
77. I love country music
78. I’m really not good at thinking of 100 things about myself
79. I enjoy my MOMS group I attend every week at my church. We discuss whatever Bible study or book we are going over, have prayer time, and just hang out with other woman/moms.
80. I tend to stay up too late
81. I wish I was a better cook or enjoyed cooking for that matter
82. I hate pink! (I don’t mind other people wearing pink I just don’t like the color for myself)
83. Clutter annoys me. I’m always trying to go through closets and get rid of junk.
84. I like to eat out (another bad habit I have)
85. I would like to learn how to dance.
86. I met my husband at Chick-Fil-A (he was my boss, though we never dated when we worked together)
87. Every one says how young I look (maybe I’ll learn to appreciate this comment. Maybe it‘s all the meds I use that keep me looking young! I have found the fountain of youth! JK)
88. Faith & I enjoy learning “baby sign language” together
89. Math was my worst enemy in school
90. I enjoy beating my husband (though it's a rare occasion) in games
(he no longer plays Chinese checkers with me)
91. I have enjoyed the friendships I have made living in different cities and states
92. The phrase I over use is ,”That’s crazy!”
93. Target is one of my favorite stores
94. Trivial Pursuit is the worst game (only because I’m not smart enough to keep up with my family)
95. My household goes through probably 12-15 bananas a week!
96. I enjoy reading other people’s blogs.
97. “Calm My Anxious Heart” is one of my favorite books. A must read if you haven’t read it.
98. If I paint a room in my house it will probably stay that way until we move! I hate re-painting……
99. I’m so thankful for all the prayers and support I have had all my life
100. I never thought I would reach 100! (Emily T., I did it!)
Wednesday, January 30, 2008
100 Facts
Posted by Emily at 11:50 PM
Labels: 100 Things about Me
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Well done and a BIG amen to number 73!! Arrrrrrr!!
Hey Emily! I have enjoyed keeping up with you through your new blog...and your mom's updates from time to time. You inspired me to try the 100 facts....it's not easy huh? You are in our prayers.
Ashley
Hey,
I saw your post on my blog about our pictures. We used a program called Picasa. It lets you do a collage thing. Once your pics are in that program, you go to edit your header and there is a place to upload pics. BAM...fancy new header. I wish I could say this was my idea and my skills but I have to credit the husband with great talent!!
Yea!!! I'm so proud of you. You did it! It's kind of crazy how big of an accomplishment it seems to be. I think the only things I didn't know was about you and Jane wanting horses and the number of bananas you eat in a week. And I can't remember the full story of the ticket but I remember you being upset about it!
I am SOOOO with you about the socks in bed thing. It is one of the grossest feelings to me. Not sure why but it is. I was also way in love with Sully too. What does that say about us?!?!? And, how did we both end up with husbands who can't take the heat of their wives beating them in simple little games. That was for you Jason! Oh sweet competitive spirit of mine...and yours. :-) Love you!
Post a Comment