Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Transplant Update


I had a translpant appointment yesterday and over all it went well. The doctor shared his concern about the increase in my need for oxygen and the challenge in finding smaller lungs to fit me. He did say they (UAB) have not transplanted any lungs this year. They have done 2 hearts but so far no lungs. They will have slow months and then the next month they can tranpslant lots of people, it's just always hard to tell. It's hard to understand sometimes why God allows you to stay in a season of waiting but we trust Him. God made me the size I am and He knew I would be facing a transplant and therefore He can provide what I need, we do believe that! Also, we did see Sean (the CF guy who had the transplant) and he is doing very well. His PFT's (pulmonary function test. Your lungs air capacity) are 86% and rising. His were in the low twenties before transplant.

My need for IV meds seem to be monthly if not every couple of weeks now and I stay tired most of the time. I know you all pray for us and so I just ask for prayers for continualy strength and the healing to get off the meds for a while, give my body a break. Pray for our emotions too. Also, please pray for Jason & Callie as they daily take care of Faith and I and ALL our needs.
"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer." Romans 12:12

3 comments:

Tiff said...

Wish I was closer so I could help out. We are praying for you. Times of waiting are so hard. Love you!!

Sharlie Kaltenbach said...

I believe as you do that the Lord is in charge and will provide. You are in our prayers constantly and last week I put your name on the prayer roll at our Temple so thousands of prayers are now being offered in your behalf in San Diego! We love you.

Johnnie B said...

I'm not good at waiting! You are the Queen of patience! I know God is in control and He knows just what you need and when you need it. He has a plan...and it is perfect! We do lift you up often...especially on every Tuesday at Staff! We will continue to life you up to the one who knows all... We love you!
Johnnie B and all the Staff at CBC!