I got a text message this morning around 8:30 am from Katey, letting me know that Shaun had passed away. It never seems real at first when someone dies and there just never seems to be the right words to say. I've had my share of tears today and my every other thought seem to want to recall all my memories I have of him. I'm thankful he no longer is suffering but it's never easy to say good bye. It's hard to understand sometimes why God calls someone Home but Shaun now has a body that will never be sick again.
A couple of songs have been playing in my head today as I thought about 2 friends I have lost this year. These songs remind me of the hope we have in Christ when we face loosing a loved one. I hope you will take the time to listen to them, even if you have heard them before. Thank you again for your prayers for them.
*You can turn down the back ground music by scrolling down to the bottom of the blog
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Saying Good Bye
Posted by Emily at 6:52 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
I will definitely listen to these songs! Haven't had the chance yet, but thanks for the reminder!! Love ya girl!
Emily, So sorry to hear of Shaun's passing. At about the time He went home I was praying that God would give him a gentle passing if that was His will. Our Jesus is so good and gives us so much peace when a dear friend is taken. I am praying for you today as you recall your friend and the sweet memories you have. Thanks for the songs! I do so love There Will Be a Day-what a day to look forward to. In Him, susan and wes
I wanted to let you know how much I needed to hear those songs. I was feeling very down about things and those lifted me up in a such a way. Its so crazy how the Lord can help calm you and remind you that everything will be okay. Love you Em!
Post a Comment