Yes, we are officially being released to head back to TX! We went to clinic today and my kidney function was down (which is good) quite a bit from when I was in the hospital and my x-ray looks ten times better! The doctors and nurses are in amazement at how well I have recovered and all I can say is, "Praise the Lord, I am still here because of his grace and the many prayers that have gone up for us"! You would think I'm an emotional mess because tears of joy seem to be never far from my eyes. After 12 weeks in the hospital, it's very hard to put into words the over whelming joy I have not just for me but for my family to be going home together.
I had to share this quick story about Faith that I so wish I could have caught on tape. I was released from the hospital Friday evening and when Jason and I walked into the Town House, Faith ran up to me with the biggest smile and said," Oh mama.... you are done with the hospital"! She continued to hug me and repeat that I WAS done with the hospital and that we can go home and of course see Maggie (our bull dog). As you might imagine it took me a while to dry my eyes and just stand in awe of how amazing and gracious our God is.
Amazing grace has a new meaning for me in this season of my life; I was lost and now I am found, I was blind but now I see...........AMAZING GRACE!
We plan on leaving tomorrow morning. My dad is coming out with his big home RV so we can go home in comfort, another huge blessing!
*You can scroll down to the bottom of the blog and turn off the back ground music to listen to the "Amazing Grace" song.
Wednesday, October 7, 2009
There's no place like HOME!
Posted by Emily at 11:14 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




12 comments:
Emily, I can hardly believe this road of your life is finally over and you can begin a new road! You and your family are amazing and we and our God are so proud of you.
Go and enjoy your family and take care of yourself. We love you so. In Him, susan and wes
That is awesome Emily. We have been praying for you. You are a testimony of God's grace.
Emily! I can't wait to see you! we will be back in the LBK for a weekend soon, hopefully it will work out for a quick visit! Praise God for his faithfulness in your life!
PRAISE the LORD!!!! Definitely amazing!!! Glad you are getting to go home...praying the trip goes well!!!
I saw Shaun's mom today...she and her younger son were up here for a cf research study! She said to tell you hey and that they were thinking about you!
God is so good, Emily. I know your spirits must be soaring much higher than they have been, and for that I am immensely thankful!
Out of the mouths of babes!! Loved Faith's (prophetic!) declaration. Looking forward to having you back in beautiful West Texas!!!!
The Wilburns
Praise the Lord! We are so happy for you and your family! And Faith's words were so sweet! We will be praying for a safe journey back to Lubbock!
so happy for you, Emily! Love, Beth L.
How sweet it is! He is so good! It blesses my heart to know you are getting to go home with your family. Love you so much and will continually pray for you, for many good days ahead.
Ginny & I are so excited and pleased to see the way God has worked here... and what a testimony this must be to those around you and your family. I will continue to pray for you that God going before you continues to protect and heal you.
Paul & Ginny
We wash His feet with our tears of joy and gratitude for all He's done for you, Emily!
Wow Emily! So happy for you! You need to write a book about God's grace in your life!
Post a Comment