Thursday, February 19, 2009

6 Years!


Jason and I celebrated our 6 year anniversary on the 15th. We were able to take a little weekend trip together, which was a great gift to both of us since it had been a while. (Last time we went on a trip together was 3 years ago when I was pregnant with Faith)

For those of you who have children you know the feeling of going anywhere for a long period of time without them. I find myself double checking where she might be and making sure I have a sippy cup, diapers, wipes & of course blanket. (If you forget blanket good luck in having a good night sleep!) hehe
I also find myself rushing through dinner so that I might finish before she does so I can keep her entertained for the rest of the meal which usually gets cut short anyway. And then, knowing your alarm clock to the sound of "Mama Mama, are you?" will be waking up at the crack of dawn.


NOW, I would not change these wonderful gifts that come with being a mama but it's also nice to come away and spend sometime with your man. =)



These are our dating years......very romantic =)

It's been 6 years filled with joys, heartache, challenges and blessings. We began our journey together with the Lord and not a single idea what would be ahead of us. Therefore I'm thankful the Lord was with us or I'm not quite sure how we would have made it through some of our valleys. Though our valleys have been difficult we have enjoyed some beautiful views, or blessings from the mountain tops and I'm forever thankful I have had Jason holding my hand through it all!

This is my lover, this is my friend. SOS 5:16

5 comments:

Katey said...

Congrats on 5 years to both of you!!

Thanks for your last comment on my blog! As of right now I plan on being at clinic March 4th. I know you have a bronch that Tuesday or is it on Thursday? If I'm at clinic, maybe we can grab some lunch!!

Love ya and see ya soon!

Anonymous said...

Emily, What a beautiful love story you and Jason have and you are right God has blessed you with a man who He knew would hang with you through the lows. I too have a man like that and I am soooooo thankful and blessed. Happy anniversary and may you have many more with your man. In Him, susan and wes

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!! Wow! I can't believe it has been that long! We miss you all and keep you in our prayers!

Anonymous said...

So sweet! Congrats on six years!

Shay

Emily T said...

Congratulations! I'm sorry I missed making my phone call but I always remember what I was doing Valentine's weekend 6 years ago. I love you so much and so excited you got to get away...even if it meant I had to "pay you back" for having major life events when I was out of town. :-) Can't wait to see you this next week!