Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Thoughts

Well, I thought I was doing pretty good at keeping up with my blog but today I had 2 friends ask me when I was going to update it about my health and how we are doing. I guess we have had so many other things going on that I have just been blogging about that. It's actually been a nice breath of fresh air to blog about the exciting things we have been doing and just the day to day things of life. As I told Jason pre-transplant, "Once I get my new lungs you won't be able to keep me down!" So far that has been the case, I just want to go and do everything!

However, I did get in "trouble" with my sister in-law, Christie for not keeping her informed about my swallowing problems. =) (We have to keep each other in line sometimes, hehe)
I don't want to sound as if CF patients are the toughest people around (even though they are tough) yet when you live with a disease all your life you just learn to do deal, live with your body not quite functioning the way it is suppose too. Therefore you tend to not mention or say anything about a little issue if you can live with it. It also means that if you mention it there is a pretty good bet that you will be scheduled with another doctor or put on another medicine. This way of thinking might sound crazy to some of you yet I'm just giving you a little glimpse of some of the way CF people think.
I remember writing in my journal when I was very young that I NEVER wanted my CF to keep me from doing anything yet over the years I've come to realize a couple of things.
1) That no matter how hard I tried CF did limit me in some of the things I wanted to do
2) That I didn't want CF to limit me but if I let the Lord work through me then I WAS not limited in what He had planned for my life.
He has blessed me with so many wonderful gifts (my husband, daughter, family & friends, new lungs!) and He has given me opportunities to share what He has done in and through my life.

Sorry I kind of went off the subject but then that's the nice thing about blogging.....you can say whatever you want to share. So, here is my health update.

I did my swallowing procedure last week and it went well. The doctor believes it is just inflamed and should get better over time. I see her next week for a follow up so I might know something new then. We go back to AL the first of March for another bronchoscopy and clinic. I really ask for your prayers as I go in for the bronchoscopy as you might remember the last one was pretty rough. Thanks again for your support and prayers and as always I love hearing from you too!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Em-I know what you mean about aches and pains and not saying anything, you just learn to live that way and to avoid any more meds at all cost. I do admire your spunk and say you go girl. So good to be back in contact, I missed you. Glad the swallowing is no big deal just drink a lot of stuff to keep healthy. Come see us. In Him, susan and wes

Kelly said...

Emily...we miss you here so much. I'm so glad to see that you are doing well though. Such a continual answer to prayer. Love you lots! Kelly, Jim, and Parker

Anonymous said...

So great to hear your swallowing issue isn't too bad. Hopefully it will clear up on its own Can't wait till ya'll get here again. Love you-Shay

Kellee said...

Love your blog!! All you cfers suck me right in lol =)