Monday, February 2, 2009

A New Addition

We would like to show off our newest family member! She is very sweet and cute! We have been looking to get an English Bulldog for 3 years now and we finally took the plunge. I believe we are going to call her, "Maggie". Faith has enjoyed the new puppy except when Maggie decides to chew on Faith's feet! She is a great family dog, needs little exercise, (my kind of dog!) and loves to cuddle in your lap!

Maggie


Oh, sweet kisses

Faith is already training her to like books.....except I don't think Maggie can stay awake for all the books Faith reads!

Cute
Loves to sleep......Look at that belly!






Health update-
I have been doing well, praise the Lord. Although I am over all doing well I do have one issue that I have been struggling with for a couple of months now. My swallowing has been having trouble. My food gets stuck in my throat and it takes me a little while to get it to go down. It happens at least once a day so it was something I needed to get checked. I have went in to see a GI doctor last week and on Wednesday I will go in and they will take a scope and look down my esophagus to see what might be going on. I continue to ask for your prayers through this. Thanks!
My weekend has been fun as we have enjoyed our new puppy yet it's been mixed with tears and heart break as I lost a friend, Jenny, who received her second transplant a couple of weeks ago yet passed away over the weekend. She had a very difficult fight and I thought for sure God had given her these second pair of lungs so she could begin a new life again yet it's hard to know or sometimes understand what God has planned. Let me just say, I do KNOW it was never the Lord's will for Jenny or anyone to die in the first place. When He created the world He created us to live forever, not to have disease, heartache, troubles or pain. We chose to sin and therefore we have to live or watch the consequences of sin. Yet, I'm also thankful the Lord is still in control and His plan is always good. Someday it will be just as God once created it to be but until then this life is a journey, pilgrimage that is difficult yet He is there with us each step of the way. Leading us Home.....
Please pray for Justin, Jenny's husband and her family.
When I saw Justin and Jenny in December, she was doing everything she could to survive till her new lungs came available. One day when I was walking the halls I stopped and talked with Justin, expressing how much my heart hurt for them and praying she would receive that call very quickly. I will never forget his words. He thanked me for my concern and prayers but he then he said, "You need to get well and go and live your life with your husband and little girl. Go and enjoy this new life!" What an unselfish thing to say when I know he was hurting as he watched his wife suffer. Thank you Justin & Jenny for being such shining lights...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Em- So sorry about Jenny, aw man my heart breaks for her family and husband. I know it's bitter sweet, because she's with God and yet everyone misses her here on earth...
Maggie, is adorable! Thanks so much for posting the pictures, it makes me feel like i'm kinda there. :) Love you sister!!

Anonymous said...

So hard to hear about Jenny. My heart is broken for her husband. Your words of wisdom are truly that though. You bless me and challenge me to have faith half the size of yours.

Love the pics of Maggie. Ya'll took the plunge!! I'm gonna have to come out and see her (and ya'll)

Love you
Shay

Katey said...

Hey...I'm glad you are doing well, and I'll be praying for the swallowing thing. It's very common for post-tx people to have swallowing problems. I have an esophageal hernia which sometimes interfers with swallowing, but they didn't do anything about it.

Also...I didn't hear about Jenny...since I've been a little distant from the team. Thanks for letting me know. I really hate that...last time when I talked with you...I was sure she was going to be fine since she got those lungs. Her husband was soo soo sweet! (and her Dad).

Maggie is precious...too cute! Have fun!!

Tiff said...

So sorry to hear about your friend.

Maggie is too cute. I totally want one of those pooches. I'm sure her and Faith won't get into any trouble together. :)

Micahl said...

sweet friend, i'm praying for you. your words are full of wisdom beyond your years.

can't wait to meet maggie in person, hopefully we will make it back there sometime soon! miss you friend!
micahl