Hopes or dreams were not much of a reality for people with Cystic Fibrosis when I was born, yet today not only are hopes and dreams coming true there are miracles! When I was diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis at the age of 3 months old, the hope that I would ever live very long or have a normal life were small. Cystic fibrosis (CF) is a devastating genetic disease that affects tens of thousands of children and young adults in the United States.
Though my journey with CF has been quite a battle to fight, I am thankful for the life I have and the many blessings I have been given. I have had the wonderful blessing of being a wife to an amazing man and in 2006 we found out we would be expecting our miracle baby. Faith, who is now 2 1/2 yrs. old is healthy, beautiful, fun and a joy to our family!
In 2007 I was put on the transplant list due to my failing lungs. My lung function at the time was 16 to 18%. It was a difficult year as I waited for some healthy lungs, but on June 8, 2008 I was given that miracle. A family that didn't even know me gave me a second chance at life. THANK YOU!!! I no longer have CF in my lungs yet I will always deal with the other issues that go along with CF (pancreas, sinus...etc). My journey with CF, and now as a transplant patient has been a rough road and I could not have done it without the amazing support of my family and friends. Over the years you all have given so much to us and we could never say thank you enough.
There has been great steps in furthering the quality of life for those with CF, yet there is STILL so much to be done. Until we hear the words "Cure Found" our mission is not done! Please consider making a gift that will be used efficiently and effectively, as nearly 90 cents of every dollar of revenue raised is available for investment in vital CF programs to support research, care and education.
Making a donation is easy and secure! Just click the "Click to Donate" button on this page to go to make a donation that will be credited to my team. Any amount you can donate is greatly appreciated!
If you would also like to come out and be apart of the GREAT STRIDES walk with us, the walk will take place on Saturday, May 16th at LCU starting at 8:30 AM.
Thank you for supporting the mission of the CF Foundation and GREAT STRIDES!
Many Blessings,
Emily Mulkey





1 comments:
I just updated my Great Strides site as well! Good luck!! You are such an inspiration...Love, sharlie
Post a Comment