Thursday, September 25, 2008

The Old Rock Church

The Old Rock Church
(Was built in 1886)
I was reminded just how beautiful the sunsets are in TX!






We were so thankful we could head out to TX and be with our family and say good-bye to Papa Johnson. The Old Rock Church, holds a special place for Jason's mom's family as it is where most of their family is buried. Clifton, TX ,where the Old Rock Church is, is an old Norwegian settlement and also where Papa & Mimi grew up (or a town close to it known in the family as "The Gap"). The grave site service was nice and Papa was honored for his service in the Navy and Mimi presented with the American flag. Papa left a special legacy and God used him in many ways and we look forward to the day when we will see him again.



It was great to see the cousins again, we miss them! Jane, Tom, Jake, Peter, Sissy (their foster baby) & baby Nan who we are expecting to see in November!!

We also were able to stop by and visit with my cousin, Tiff (& her family), my uncle, Tom (who I have asked for prayer for) & also my cousin , Jesse, who is on leave from Iraq. We had a great time visiting with them and Faith enjoyed playing with her cousins (Tiff's children). We are so proud of Jesse for his sacrifice for our country! Thank You!!!!

Tiff's children; Jack, Gwyneth, & Liv

Crazy fun! Love those faces

Please continue to pray for my Uncle, Tom, who is still fighting some serious health issues. My dad (his identical twin) will be going through the procedure of harvesting his stem cells in hopes that it will "cure" his brother's cancer. This is the only option for my uncle or he would have to do chemo the rest of his life. He has a lot going on and it's been very tough but we are very thankful he has a twin that has a perfect match for him to receive these stem cells. Thank you for praying for him.

Thanks for your prayers as we made the 13-14 hour trip to TX. Faith did well in the car, although I don't think she would want to do that too often. =)

4 comments:

Micahl said...

hi em!!! i'm so sorry i missed you last weekend, i would have loved to see you guys. I need to call you there is some advice i need, life has just been insane and i feel so out of contact right now! i will try and reach you tomorrow, i'm going to try and not work as much! love you em!

Emily T said...

Oh my goodness. That picture of the church and the sunset is gorgeous! WOW! I'm so glad you were able to go and spend time with family.

Katey said...

Hey...thanks for your comment. I will see you Wednesday! I don't plan on going to my clinical class, so should be there the full time. I don't feel like juggling clinic and clinicals like usual. I think the frustrating part is that i don't have a lot of luck with oral antibiotics, so since i've been on 4 different ones and i feel so bad, that's the only option. But i won't know for sure until Wednesday (if I make it until then). Thanks for your prayers! I'll see ya Wednesday!

Anonymous said...

Em, the pictures are beautiful and so glad yall had a safe trip. Hope you are doing good. Let us know. Stay stron, In Him, susan and wes