Wednesday, September 3, 2008

A Proud Daddy!

Faith loves to play in Jason's truck (GMC Jimmy) and on the mower and I don't think this could make Jason more proud! Faith is defiantly like me in the way she is ready to drive at a very young age! I made sure to get my permit and license as soon as I could and I have a funny feeling our daughter is going to be the same way. Her idea of fun is to play in the car and "drive." It's quite scary though watching her "drive" (not just because she is 2, well almost!)because she knows all the buttons, how to turn on the radio and the lights and windshield wipers. Although she is very safe and makes sure to buckle herself up while "driving."



I know I'm cool sitting on the mower
Yes, that is the dryer in the back ground!




After Jason raised the truck 7" and put 35" tires on, it has become the "beast" that he was hoping for. This has raised 2 problems though........1) Our daughter (or mama) can not get into the truck without some help. 2) I suddenly noticed that the truck was a lot taller then our garage door and I began to wonder how we were going to get it out! Jason informed me though that he will have to deflate the tires in order to get it out. This also makes Jason quite proud!

Update on the Jimmy~ Hopefully Jason will be turning the key to start it for the first time on Sunday or Monday. I hope our neighbors don't kill us when they hear the extremely LOUD engine come alive! He has to take it to a shop to put the muffler on but it has to be running for them to put it on the lift. Once again I'm sure we will be labeled the redneck house. =)

Daddy can't wait to take her out muddy, off roading for the first time!

Yes, these are the seats that will be going in the truck. The seats are pretty much shot so the cow seat covers (Jason's brother gave them to us a while back......thanks Brandon) will have to do for now.

Update~ I had clinic today and it went pretty well. My PFT's were a little bit better, 38% then last week (they were down quite a bit). They found a mold that had grown from the tissue they last got from the bronchoscopy a month ago. Which that might be a reason my PFT's are a little down and one of my white blood counts are high. It could also mean that I might not be dealing with as big of a rejection as they thought and more of an infection (mold). This in a strange way could be a blessing in disguise. They have put me on a medicine to hopefully treat the infection but they are eager to see what this next bronch will show.

Prayer~ My bronchoscopy is tomorrow (Thursday) so we pray all goes well and that there would be NO rejection and that we can fight this infection. Thank you!

"Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for He who promised is faithful." Hebrews 10:23

4 comments:

~Carrie~ said...

Hey Emily-
Girl I know how your feel with the monster in the garage. Before we had kids all our money went to Chad's jeep (or the money pit as I called it)! At one point I can remember reading his 4wheel magizines trying to learn a little garage talk so I could stay up with him in conversations. It was kinda a flash back when I was checking your mail while you guys were in Birmingham. Seems like everyother day there would be some extremly heavy package with some car part in it! Finally talked Chad into getting out of rock crawling when we had Jackson- you know so we could afford diapers instead of high lift jacks and bead lock tires that we just had to have. Now, I not only have Chad wanting to get another one but he has Jackson saying that he wants a big truck! Guess I am out numbered! Hope all goes well tomorrow! I will be praying for no signs of rejection! Look forward to reading good news tomorrow!

Carrie

Tiff said...

That truck is hilarious...too bad it ain't a Ford though...then it would be way cool!! :)

Eager to hear your results from today. Praying for you.

Love you!!

Emily T said...

The truck is looking awesome! And I think you should just start wearing overalls everyday and black out some of your teeth and give a real good show before you move to Texas. :-)

And I cannot wait to see you tomorrow! Hooray! I feel like I should have a welcome back to Nashville parade lined up for this momentous occasion. Praying that today goes well. Love you.

Anonymous said...

Em, I know about those old cars, remember the dart in our garage well it is still in our garage and serves as a shelf for more stuff and I promise it will be buried with Wes. Such good news about the findings and I know that that is the reason for them finding rejection. God does work in mysterious ways His wonders to perform. We pray for further healing. Stay strong. In Him, susan and wes