Saturday, September 27, 2008

Angels in Waiting



Note~ You can scroll down to the bottom of the blog to turn down the back ground music so you can hear the "Angels in Waiting" clip.

Many of you have heard this song but I'm not sure if you knew this song was dealing with CF. Tammy Cochran captures the sweetness, beauty, and joy she got to experience in the short time her brothers were here on earth. I can't imagine how difficult it must have been for her to write this song but I'm so thankful she did. The reality of Cystic Fibrosis is horrible but it always amazes me how God uses the lives of those who fight, live with CF however long their journey maybe. When I hear of someone, a friend who has CF and has passed away, I don't like to hear people say, "they lost their battle with CF," I would rather them say,"they finished their race."

I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Henceforth there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will award to me on that Day, and not only to me but also to all who have loved his appearing. 2 Timothy 4:7-8

I would like to dedicate this song to a sweet friend, Katie (CF) who just finished her race. She was on the transplant list for 8 months. We were hoping and praying for those "new" lungs to come and the Lord did bring her the perfect pair of lungs, just not what we were hoping. I know she is breathing better now then she could ever imagine. I know Katie, was loved by so many and she was a joy to be around as well as an example of Christ's love. She loved the Lord and I know she fought the good fight, physically as well as spiritually. My heart aches and hurts for her family and I just want them to know they are in my prayers and I just ask you to be praying for them as well.

Katie, you were an angel, a light for Christ to so many and even though I did not get to meet you here on earth I know one day I will see you in perfect health. No longer waiting but praising God for His amazing grace and mercy.

4 comments:

Katey said...

Thanks! (and thank you for posting it in the first place). I thought this would be a neat idea..we'll see how it "plays" out!! I'll see you Wednesday. I think I am planning on getting there about 7:00. You want me to sign you in if I get there before you? (we do that all the time for others...so it's not a big deal). Just let me know!! Have a good weekend!!

Carrie Woods said...

Emily, I've got another great song I found today by Stephen Curtis Chapman called With Hope. I sent it to mom and asked her to pass it on to Katie Moore's mom and dad and to the Roys.

Hope you're feeling great!

Carrie:)

Anonymous said...

Emily,
That song is so beautiful. Thank you for sharing it with us. I really enjoyed getting to see ya'll yesterday and have the opportunity to chat and catch up. You truly are an inspiration. May you continue to Fight the good Faith! Love you dear friend,
Heather Light

Micahl said...

hi sweet sweet friend! I love this post and your heart.

I am a very bad friend and i apologize. Things are very crazy right now, but I promise I will call soon. love you emily!