Well, I missed the ER experience and being in the hospital so much that I thought it was time for another visit. =) (Just kidding) I am in the hospital again though due to probably an infection. I woke up yesterday morning in a lot of pain in my right ankle. I was not able to stand on my foot due to the pain. The doctors thought at first glance it was a staff infection due to the swelling & redness. Although we are still waiting on some blood work and skin biopsy results to come back, they have started me on some IV antibiotics. I believe the drugs are working because the redness is better and I am able to stand and walk a little.
We are just praying the infection is nothing too serious and that they will be able to treat it effectively. I'm also PRAYING I get out tomorrow because Callie's wedding shower is Saturday morning and I'm helping out with that as well as just wanting to be there. Thanks for your prayers!
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Infection?
Posted by Emily at 10:50 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
Hope you get out soon... We miss you, Beth L.
Will be praying for you girl. I know you just couldn't resist getting back in there. You forgot how great it was :) Miss you and love you, Shay
Hey Em...i'm so sorry you are back in!! I had no idea. I hope your pain feels better and that whatever it is, is very minor and will clear up soon. I've been at UAB the past two days and will be all day again tomorrow doing clinicals. Please let me know if you need anything...i'm only a block away! I'll be praying for you! You are in good hands :)
Get well soon! Erika and all
Oh...ok. I know that's gotta be frustrating. I don't like being anywhere but UAB-HTICU. I also pitch a fit when HITCU is full to make sure I don't go on a different unit for that very reason. I'll be praying for you and hopefully they will let you out of there soon! Yes, I will be at clinic on Dec. 3rd. I might have to go to clinical some that morning...but trying not to. I have an ENT appt that day at 2:30 too. Maybe we can grab some lunch after clinic. Is your bronch that Thursday?
I'm making it...just hanging in there. Started on some abx this week.
Talk to you soon!
Hey Em...I wish I could call you. I hope you are out and enjoying the shower with Callie. I'm praying for you and miss you.
Post a Comment