Well, once again I'm behind on keeping up with my blog but in some ways that is a good thing because I have the energy to GO GO GO now! I do have a good excuse though and that is that my Internet has been done for 4 days so I have felt very out of touch with everyone through e-mail & blogging. If I skip one day without the computer it seems like it takes forever to catch up on e-mails and reading how everyone else is doing through their blogs. It's almost ridiculous how dependant we become on our computers or cell phones and we wonder what the world ever did without them before! =) Don't get me wrong I think it's a wonderful way to stay in touch with friends and family but I have just realized how much I use them. Anyway, I just got way off the subject so back to what the Mulkey's have been up too......
First Callie's shower was wonderful! She had a great time and was showered with LOTS of amazing gifts. I know she feels so blessed to be at this point in her life and we feel so blessed to have her here. When I mean "here" I really mean ALIVE and well! For those of you who are not familiar with my family, I am not the only one the Lord has given a second chance at life. My sister, Callie, was diagnosed with a brain tumor (cancer) almost 5 years ago. She went through brain surgery and then radiation. It was a very difficult time but through every step good or bad she was QUICK to say," Praise God!" Her love for the Lord is a shining star for all to witness and by God's grace and healing she has been cancer free since then!!! Sometimes Callie and I sit and talk about how there is a very real possibility that we both could not be here now and how much God has blessed us with, not only a "new" life but some wonderful husbands (or to be) and for me a child. So not only do we celebrate Callie and Hayden's upcoming wedding, we also Praise the Lord for her life and that she can become Hayden's beautiful bride!

We also ventured out to the corn maze and thanks to my brother in-law, Brandon we were able to find our way out before it got dark! Faith did great for a little bit then we decided her little legs were ready for daddy to carry her.
I also just got back from Dallas (by myself). I was able to go to Emily T. baby shower!! It was a good time and I was so glad to be there and share in her excitement! Her and Daniel's little girl will be here sometime the end of February! I can't wait!
We did have a wonderful Thanksgiving with ALL of our family. We have not been with all of the family for the holidays in a long time so that was a true blessing. We have much to be thankful for!
Let us come before Him with thanksgiving and extol him with music and song. Psalm 95:2




2 comments:
What a blessing it is to read your blog and see how wonderfully you are doing. Your family is an amazing testimony to God's faithfulness. Glad you are feeling well. We had a great Thanksgiving and are blessed as well. Good to hear from you. In Him, susan and wes
Hi Emily! I am still keeping up with you through your blog. I am glad you are doing well. Faith is just adorable!
See you soon,
Heather Light
Post a Comment