Faith and I have enjoyed learning "baby sign language." For those of you are not familiar with baby sign language, it is form of signing that you can teach babies (as early as 9 months) to help them communicate before they can talk. You always speak the word that you are signing so they know what it sounds like but babies are able to make signs for things quicker then speaking them. My mom thought it was a funny idea but she has been surprised at how well it really works! It has helped us communicate easier with her and it's been fun to learn together. Here is a very close up video of Faith doing some of her signs.
So sweet
She likes to do the open mouth poses




4 comments:
Hi Emily! Faith looked so cute in her outfit on Sunday, come on Spring!! :) The baby sign language is so neat. Does that contribute to her being so well behaved?
Heather
LOVED the video!! We are working on baby sign too. Faith is seriously such a doll, I just want to squeeze her. I've got to figure out how to upload movies because they are so fun to watch on your blog. I loved the eating videos took, Ryan and I were cracking up : )
Way to go Nana (sp?)!!!! Such a cute dress. I'm so glad you were able to enjoy your porch swing.
We too have learned sign for our children. One child has hearing loss and the other is struggling with his speech. It is great for us. We are hoping it will help with our third child as well. The baby is 6 weeks old.
Post a Comment