Monday, March 3, 2008

Chevy trucks....there's nothing better!

I get asked quite often what keeps Jason busy these days besides caring for his girls and so I thought I would show you what is keeping him occupied and probably sane living with 4 girls (including Annie, Callie's dog). Jason's love (besides me) and hobby is restoring old trucks. He would want me to make it very clear he is a Chevy (GMC) guy only! NO Fords! Right now he is working on a 1971 GMC Jimmy. This is his second vehicle to restore and I have to say he does an amazing job. As you can tell he just painted his engine orange, which I have learned is called "Chevy Orange" and that is what the manufactures painted the engines in the 60s. It still has a long way to go but he has made some good progress since he has been home. It just needs the 2 ingredients that every hobby calls for, time and money.









Good job Jay!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is neat about the truck....I always hear Jason talking about this stuff, now I see what he is talking about! Also, Happy Late Anniversary.......you two are too cute together, especially in the PJs going to the movies. See you this weekend, Beth

Katie said...

Sean is a Ford guy! His dad has always had a Shelby, so he can't help it. I must say I am a fan of the Shelby though :D I love the orange engine , crazy.

Anonymous said...

Obviously Jason is a great friend to 'lower' his standards and work on Ryan's Ford - tee hee. They had such a great time getting incredibly greasy. Thanks for keeping us updated. Hope to see you soon. Oh and numbers 83-85 on your top 100 list are some of my absolute favorites - maybe we'll take a class someday or get all the clutter out of our house but more than likely we'll just eat out - sad but true and delicious.
samantha

Tiff said...

Of course the engine has to be orange. You ain't got nothing if you ain't got an orange engine. But gotta say it, "FORD rules, Chevy drools!!"