Saturday, March 22, 2008

Ear Wax Contest!

Callie has been getting over the sinus junk that has been going around. Although she is feeling better it left her with a clogged ear so we thought we would try a natural method that my mom use to do on my brother when he got ear infections. I know it might sound crazy but "Ear Candles" are great, they really do work! After doing one on Callie and seeing just how much wax it pulled out (by the way, Callie was able to hear much better after it removed the excess wax), we began to wonder how much "extra" wax was building up in our own ears. So......we thought we would have a Ear Wax Contest!

Just to give you a little info about ear candles before we start.....

*It does not hurt to do one, even though some smoke comes out of your ear

*Make sure you have a tin pan or something to let the burnt candle fall into or you might start a fire. That is also why we are wearing wet towels over our heads, you wouldn't want to have your hair catch on fire.

*You just gently place the tip of the candle in your ear and let the fire burn done till there is about 4 inches left.

*The fun part is pealing the candle to see what all it pulled out inside your ear.


Starting us off is Jason........




I'm next in line




Callie finishes it off



And the winner is................Callie!
(She was kind of cheating because she has been sick so she had more wax build up)



I would have loved to show you the wonderful wax that came out but I thought that might be a little much. =)

4 comments:

Katie said...

I actually had a dream about you guys doing this ear wax thing last night after I read your post.

Anonymous said...

I am glad to see that others share my fascination with ear wax!! Beth L.

Anonymous said...

I helped my mom do that a few weeks ago. It was cool to see what comes outta there! lol Heather C.

Anonymous said...

I just switched where I get my hair cut but the place before this one always told me about these ear candles and I have to say I thought they were kinda strange until I went in and they were doing one and then I found another friend who it helped her kid out with their ear infections. So I'm sure sooner than later Ryan and I will be sitting by candlelight - in the most unromantic sense - getting each others ear wax! Samantha