Monday, April 14, 2008

In the hospital

We were able to get away this last weekend to Atlanta to visit some friends, which was a really nice time. I haven't been able to go on a trip since July so I was very excited to get away and of course it is always great to see friends! However, the night that we came home I started having more pain in my chest and back (which is usually the sign I have an infection or my lung has collapsed) and by the next day it was pretty bad. So, we are in the hospital at UAB (my favorite place). I'm trying to have a more positive outlook then I did last time. For those of you who remember last time I had to spend a week in the hospital at UAB, it was a horrible, draining time. I'm thankful Callie is still here so she can take care of Faith. They will be coming down so we can spend time together.
We are praying the doctors will have wisdom on how to best treat me and then hopefully go home on IVs soon. We'll keep you updated on how the week goes......

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Hi Emily. This is Stephanie WIlliams (from the mom's group). I have moved to Decatur and have not been attending mom's, but I faithfully read your blog. I find it wonderful to watch the little one grow and I find your faith in God and the goodness of God inspiring. I know my trials do not compare to yours, and yet you remain faithful. You are truly a blessing to me. I have no great words of wisdom, no scripture that you have not read, but do know that I am praying for you and your family. Your patience is amazing (and I know not easy). Hang in there!!

Anonymous said...

Hey,
If there is anything that I can do to help...just email me. I'll see you soon. Love, Beth L.

Anonymous said...

Hey Sweet girl,

I hate to hear that you are once again in the hospital. We are praying for you and for your doctors. Love, Nessa & Philip