Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Update

After a CT scan we found out that my lung has not collapsed but that it is probably an infection that is causing the shortness of breath and pain. I'm thankful to not be facing a chest tube at this time. I am on IV's right now but we have to wait till the cultures come back to show if they are sensitive to the infection or if I need to change meds. Besides the pain the week has gone pretty well and although I'm getting antsy to go home I'm not going to bring it up to the doctors until we get the cultures back. =)

Callie and Faith have been visitng everyday (Cal, is so sweet to drive back & forth) which I look forward too. I think it is confusing at times for Faith that Jason and I are not at home all the time but I know Cal is taking good care of her. Faith seems excited to sit on my lap in the bed though.......or maybe it's just because she gets to watch home movies of herself on the laptop. (See older post) It's hard to entertain a toddler in a very small room and try to keep her germ free.
Thanks for your prayers and for leaving comments and sending e-mails. It always brightens my day!

2 comments:

Tiff said...

Hey, I just read your blog and got the update. I am praying for you. You are such a good momma. Try to stay encouraged. Love you!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update....glad to hear that you will not have to do the chest tube. Love, Beth L.