I have been following the story of a family (through their blog) who shares a lot of the same experiences as we do. Tricia, has CF as well and by God's amazing hand she too was able to have a child. She has had a very difficult road as the doctors had to take the baby early (the baby, Gwyneth, was 1 1/2 pounds) and Tricia was put on a vent then and has not be able to come off of it since the birth of their daughter (3 months ago). Her husband, Nate, has been blogging about their story and I feel very connected to them even though I have never met them. Praise the Lord, little Gwyneth is doing well and gaining weight. I ask for your prayers for them as they have just taken Tricia in the OR for her surgery to receive "new" lungs. It was a miracle she was able to get on the list since she was on the vent (they usually don't allow that) but she has been on the list a little over a month I believe and this is her second call. I can only imagine how difficult these past 3 months have been for them as they have lived at the hospital and both mom and baby have fought to stay well. Please, pray for them during this exciting, scary time. I know they would greatly appreciate it! Here is they blog address if you would like to visit it- http://www.cfhusband.blogspot.com/. Thanks for your prayers!!!
Wednesday, April 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
Emily, I was just scrolling through and reading your blog. I found it through Suzanne Pach's blog. I am a good friend of Christie and Brandon's. . .and even went on a few camping and ski trips that Jason went on in the early 90's. How fun to read about your precious family!
I just left this same, rambling comment on a different entry, not realizing that I had not returned to the most recent post. Anyway, I was intending to tell you about another family, that I read about (dealing with CF), and you just asked for prayer for them. . .Small world. :)
P.S. I'm also a friend of Bec Cochran and excited that she's moving back here to Athens this summer! Erika :)
Post a Comment