Just wanted to say thank you for your prayers for Tricia and give you a quick update. She made it through the surgery even though the surgeons said it was a difficult one due to the extent of her disease. From what I gather she is off the vent which is a huge blessing since she has been on it since January 8. They got her up and walking to her chair (amazing since it's not even been 24 hrs. since the surgery) and sitting up. They are trying to keep her pain down which I can only imagine but other then that I think the first day has been ok. This is a true miracle for this amazing woman and her sweet family and my heart has been rejoicing for them. I hope you continue to follow their story and keep praying for them as this is just the beginning of a new journey.
Also, I just wanted to ask for prayers for myself. I have had some rough couple of days (emotionally) and I have been letting the what-ifs of life cloud my mind. If I don't keep my focus on the Lord and all the blessings I have been given it is easy to start a pity party. The verse that seems to keep coming to mind is- 2 Cor. 4:8-9, "We have troubles all around us, but we are not defeated. We do not know what to do, but we do not give up the hope of living. We are persecuted. but God does not leave us. We are hurt sometimes, but we are not destroyed." I appreciate your prayers.....
Thursday, April 3, 2008
Thank You
Posted by Emily at 9:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
I was turned onto this story by you and another CF friend. What an amazing story. I wept as I read about Gweneth last night and I couldn't sleep for praying fervently for this sweet family. All I can do is know the Lord is holding them in his hands and have Faith that His will is going to come to pass. Thank you for your vulnerability in your request for prayers for yourself. You are one of the strongest women I know and I know the weight of the reality we are living sometime seems too heavy to bear but we are not alone and we do not have to bear all the weight of the burden. You and your family are always in my prayers and I will focus my prayers on your strength and faith and your ability to endure!! When life gets so heavy, look at Faith and breath her in and LOVE LIFE! We are blessed!
Hang in there, I love you. ~Shar
Thanks for sharing this. Beth L.
Post a Comment