Friday, July 18, 2008

A Big View of God

I wanted to share with you a devotional I read the other day that made me pose the question in my mind again......."How big is my view of God" Please read the short devotional....

"Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty. He was, he is, and he is coming". Revelations 4:8
Exactly what is worship? I like King David's definition, "Oh magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt His name together" (Ps. 34:3). Worship is the act of magnifying God. Enlarging our vision of him. Stepping into the cockpit to see where he sits and observe how he works. Of course, his size doesn't change, but our perception of him does. As we draw nearer, he seems larger. Isn't that what we need? A big view of God? Don't we have big problems, big worries, big questions? Of course, we do. Hence we need a big view of God. Worship offers that. How can we sing, "Holy, Holy, Holy" and not have our vision expanded?

"Grace for the Moment" Max Lucado

I received my results today from my bronchoscopy and it showed a small sign of rejection. I will have to go in once a day for 3 days to do IV's (a medicine to hope stop the rejection) and then in two weeks have another bronchoscopy to check for rejection again.
So to answer the question, "How big is my view of God"? Not big enough because in moments like this I'm continuing to learn what it means to trust God and to remember His ways are so much higher and bigger then my own. Like Paul, He continues to give me things that allow me to fall on my knees before Him again and for that I am thankful. 2 Cor. 12:9 continues to be my life verse- But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness". We continue to ask for your prayers, Thank You!

Praise- We do get to go home though! We will be headed home tomorrow so we are very excited about that! Faith won't know how to sleep at night without the sirens, motorcycles and cars going by all hours of the night. We will have to buy her one of those noise makers because it will be too quiet at home. =)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Em-Our God is big enough to give you lungs that fit pefectly and have you breath deeply with good oxygen for the first time in years. Big enough to have you blow out the candles on your birthday cake for the first time and big enough to clear those x-rays up!He will heal this problem too-I'm claiming it and I know it will happen. Stay strong, enjoy your home, and breath deeply. In Him, susan and wes

And then there were Five said...

hey girl! I loved the pics at the zoo! We will be praying for all the changes in the next month- also for the bronch- like you said God is bigger than anything we can think up! I am learning to depend on his greatness with every breath and realize the best place for me to be is not in control because then he can be!!! We love you!! Suzanne and family

Anonymous said...

I'll be praying, Emily. Erika and the Whites :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Emily
You continue to be in our thoughts and prayers. Thank you for the frequent updates and for the updates on Tom as well. We love you!
The McClearys

Anonymous said...

Hi Emily. Isn't it neat that God gave you that devotion to read at just the right time? I am right there with you girl. Sometimes I don't see God as He really is. He has a plan for you, future, He has brought you this far. I know I can say that with ease because I am not in your situation but I truly believe God is working through you and for You. I am praying for you. So glad you get to come home!!!
Love ya,
Keep us updated! When will the drs do another test? Is it common to have signs of rejection?
Heather L.

CYNTHIA said...

you, Emily, are living proof of just how big God is...more than in your lungs, He has revealed Himself in your character & faith. We love you and keep you in our prayers.

Katey said...

Hi Emily,
My name is Katey and have come to your blog through another blog. Congrats on your new lungs. God is definitely good. I have CF too and had a living donor double lung transplant 4 yrs ago. I think I might have seen you at transplant clinic the other day based on your name and pictures and your hospital pics after transplant look very familiar to me. But I don't want to post the location without asking you and I'm not 100% positive. But I think we share the same transplant center and I would love to actually chat more with someone from the same center. Anyways...check out my blog and you can leave me a comment or email there, Congrats on going home!