Well, I feel like we have been running around like a chicken's head cut off. Praise the Lord we got home last Saturday but have kept busy going back and forth to UAB as I had to do my round of treatments for the rejection. To answer some of the questions about rejection: They say 95% of transplant patients will show some sign of rejection in the first year. My rejection may be due to the fact that my body is having a hard time absorbing one of the anti-rejection medicines (the same one I have mentioned in the past about not reaching the right level). I will have another bronchoscopy done in two weeks to check for rejection again and see if the round of treatments were effective. However, we did have clinic today and everything is looking pretty well. My x-ray's show my lungs are expanding more and looking better then before. My PFT's (pulmonary function test) were 41% this week so they continue to go up!
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Busy....but Good
There are many things I looked forward to doing with new lungs and one of those was going back home to TX and seeing family and friends (some that I have not seen in 2 years). Due to my health we have not been able to travel for a long time so it will feel amazing to have that freedom again! So, Lord willing we will be heading out on our first trip with new lungs. Our main reason for going back is to be with my mom as she gets remarried to a wonderful guy (Darryl). We look forward to having him as a member of our family!
Faith has loved being home again with her toys, bed and pool! We had a great time swimming in the pool and playing outside!
Posted by Emily at 8:56 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Em-Thanks so much for the explanation-question we all had! I know God will continue to heal and you look fabulous.Stay strong. In Him, susan and wes
Yea!!! So happy you are home!!! Thanks for the update.
Love,
Heather Light
So glad you guys are home! Enjoy the rest of your summer!
Carrie
We need to make a play date, or I can watch Faith so you can have a break. Let me know.
Tara and Sadie
Post a Comment