We appreciate your prayers as we went to our first clinic day and I also had my bronchoscopy today. So far everything has checked out good although we don't know the results of the bronchoscopy until tomorrow or Monday. The doctor said that everything was healing inside very well. He also showed us my x-ray right before my surgery and then my new x-ray and it was amazing the difference! I'm hoping to get a copy of it so I can post it on the blog so you all can see for yourself but to give you an idea of what my old right lung looked like, it was just one big cloud (infection, collapse). In fact due to all the collapses it had pushed my heart over to the side and now on the new x-ray everything is back in place and CLEAR! I've never seen a clear x-ray before so it was quite exciting and so-real to think those belonged to me! We were also informed while looking at the new lungs that I did have two broken ribs due to the surgery, one on each side (I guess that would cause some of my pain). They said it is common for them to have to break some ribs to be able to fit the new ones in.
I also did my lung function test for the first time with new lungs and I am happy to say that they were 27%. Before transplant my test were 16-19%. Although I have 99% oxygen it takes time for the new lungs to regain their full lung function and so that number should only grow over the next several months. So, 27% is a good number and hopefully on it's way up!
Thankfully I've been feeling pretty well these past few days. It is just going to take time, lots of walking & deep breathing. I continue to just take it one day at a time, seems like I have a good day and then a rough one but over all things are looking well.
We love you all and hope you and your families are doing well! Hope you enjoy the holiday weekend celebrating our freedom!
Thursday, July 3, 2008
Our first tests
Posted by Emily at 5:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Hey! thank you for the wonderful baby gift- we so appreciate you thinking of us especially when you have so much going on! We are so excited to hear that your tests went so well- only a few more weeks in the townhouse right? then back home! Hope faith is doing well for you! Love the pachs
Broken ribs...that would explain a lot! I'm so glad the results so far are looking good.
Em-The results sound great. Broken ribs could be why so much pain, but worth new lungs. You will go no where but up from here. The birthday picts were great and you must have been so excited about blowing out all those candles. You go girl-Stay strong. In Him, susan and wes
Hey Mulkeys~
Hope you had a great 4th! So glad to hear you got good results! Hope to have you guys back in Cullman soon!
Carrie B.
Post a Comment