Friday, July 11, 2008

Friday Update

So sorry it's been a while since I have posted an update. I haven't been up to doing too much last week since I've been struggling with nausea but Praise God the past couple of days have been better. I was put on a different nausea medicine and it seems to be helping. We went to clinic the other day (every Wednesday) and everything seems to be going well except the one anti-rejection medicine is not at the level the doctors want it to be. This has been going on since they changed me over to this medicine due to the seizer I had. I went in again today for labs to check it so we are just praying it has reached the right level.

I did want to show you my side by side x-rays so you could see the amazing difference. As you can see my old x-ray (on the left) which was taken right before my surgery is all cloudy, or as one doctor put it, "just one big ball of infection". Also due to all the infection and lung collapses my heart was pushed to the side but you can see in the new x-ray it is back to where it should be (my heart is the haze right in the middle of my chest) and my lungs are clear!

OLD LUNGS - NEW LUNGS

My sister got to come in and be with us so we are enjoying our time together! Jason and Faith are doing well. I think Faith is becoming accustomed to our life in the Town House although her terrible twos is beginning to shine through some. HELP! Well, what can I say life is always interesting! Jason continues to hang in there with the girls although he is getting antsy to start working at Chick-fil-A and on his truck again.


For those of you who have been praying for my uncle Tom.............PRAISE GOD! He got one of is his test back the other day and it showed that his colon is working now and that 90% of it is healed! He is doing some chemo right now but it really is only God's hand that healed it in such a short time. He is still in the hospital and I'm not sure how long his stay will be but we are just rejoicing in this huge step, blessing! Thank you again for your prayers for him and his family. I know it means so much to them.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Em-Soooooooooooooo glad to hear that you are ok. The lung x-ray is amazing-how beautiful they are-and what a miracle you are! Give Faith and Jason a hug for us. Stay strong, In Him, susan and wes

Anonymous said...

So good to see a post from you! I've been missing the frequent updates. I am so glad you are feeling better. Have you lost weight due to your tummy troubles? Your new lungs are so great looking! Praise God! Our Jehovah..He is so good. I am happy to hear your good news about your uncle. Hope to see you soon.
Much Love,
Heather Light

Katie said...

I hear you about the terrible twos! Apparently Brendan thinks if he points at something and shakes and reaches (and screams) while looking at me it will magically appear in front of him.

So happy to hear about your uncle! and you, of course! The X-rays are amazing :D

~Carrie~ said...

Hey Emily~
I love getting to read good posts! Wow- what an amazing change in your lungs! I feel your pain with the terrible twos- infact, the Bentley house is currently living the even worse three year old fits-AHHH! Last week when I was watering I put a JC Whitney package inside... maybe when Jason is back working he will have some needed parts!
Take Care-
Carrie

Anonymous said...

That is such great news. I hope to see you guys when I'm in town the 22-26 of this month.

Unknown said...

I have to laugh at Carrie's comment about the JC Whitney package! Look out! We're so glad to see that things are going well! The xrays are such a testament to God's miracles!

Cousin Steph said...

Hi Emily, your dad has been keeping me up on all of this INCREDIBLE news! I am simply in awe of the woman you are. I am sure you must hear it all of the time, but your witness - not only of your medical testimony, but of simply WHO you are - would recieve the highest medal if it were possible...although, there is no doubt that the Lord will be presenting you that award, Himself, one day - many, many years from now (PTL!)
Keep shining your precious light,Emily, you set the bar high!