Friday, August 29, 2008

You might be a RedNeck if.........

I watched my mom do it growing up and my neighbors even do it but I unfortunately do not have the patience for it unless..........my dear old friend gives out and I am forced to do what I consider the old fashion way of doing your laundry! Yep, you guessed it, hanging your clothes out to dry! However we do not have a clothes line so our system of drying the clothes probably could be considered a little on the redneck side but Hey, it gets the job done.



Also to add to our redneck look our dear old friend the dryer was removed from the laundry room and was headed out but because of our unexpected crazy events recently it has found it's home in our drive way (with our house for sale I don't think this is helping our curb appeal).



We did have a good system going with me washing the clothes and Jason taking them to the laundry mat to be dried but Callie was nice enough to help with the laundry and she chose to do the cheaper way and dry them outside. I'm sure by now you are thinking hmmmmm.......Why don't they just get another dryer! Well, we would except we keep thinking we will be moving soon (more on that later) and we have a washer and dryer waiting for us in TX so we thought we would try to save money and do without. I will have to say this though, you sure start to do some funny things knowing you don't have the help of a dryer.

*Smell your clothes and decide "Ya, it can be worn at least a couple more times"
*Be extra careful in not spilling or getting your clothes dirty (which of course, when you are trying it always happens, even with bibs on)
*And to top it off deodorant and perfume are key in smelling great even when your clothes could use a nice wash, hehe. Just kidding it's not that bad!

Health Update~ We had a less then encouraging clinic day on Wednesday. My lung function was down quite a bit and one of my white blood counts was a little higher then normal. They are not sure what is causing these issues but because I'm not running a fever and I'm feeling pretty well they have decided to wait and do the bronchoscopy next week and that should show something if there is a problem (rejection, infection). We trust the Lord but don't understand His plans so we just continue to pray for wisdom and healing. We continue to ask for your prayers, thank you!
*PRAISE! My swelling and joint pain is completly gone now, God is so gracious. It's nice not to look like a hobit (Lord of the Rings) anymore with big feet. =)
But you, O Lord are a shield about me, my glory and the lifter of my head. I cried aloud to the Lord, and he answered me from his holy hill. Psalm 3:3-4

6 comments:

Emily T said...

I thought you were having a garage sale when I first saw the picture. :-) Hey, you gotta do what you gotta do.

Anonymous said...

Em, Crazy pictures-just like a redneck but what fun (more fun when you can have a dryer again). Glad the pain is gone and you are functioning again. Praying for the broc thing and that all will be well. Please Lord no infection or rejection. Let us hear from you. God IS in control and we will honor Him. Stay strong. In Him, susan and wes

Micahl said...

i just have to know......do you hang your underwear out like your next door neighbor? hahahaa love you so much!

Tiff said...

Hey,

Love the redneck feel of the pics!! That is hilarious. The washer, dryer and dishwasher are indeed dear friends.

So sorry to hear about the news. We will keep praying for you guys.

Wish I was there to hang some clothes for you!!

Love you!!

And then there were Five said...

hey- love the music- you are going to have to teach me how to do that on my blog- i have such a hard time with technology- i am so looking forward to you guys being able to come- how much longer is callie in town?? I cannot believe this hurricane! hope to get a chance to talk to you on the phone agian soon! Love ya

Katey said...

Hey Emily...I'm glad you are feeling better. Sorry about the discouraging clinic visit. Everything will be ok. I'll be praying that the bronch goes well. I'll be up at UAB this week and next week at clinic, so maybe we'll see each other around! Let me know if you every need anything!