We will be headed back to the south tomorrow (Tuesday) for a transplant check-up on Wednesday and a bronchoscopy on Thursday. Praise the Lord I have been doing well and we just continue to ask the Lord for healing as they check for rejection & infection. As some of you might remember I did not do so good the last bronchoscopy so it makes me a little nervous. The last results showed NO rejection (Praise God) but the bronchoscopy left me very sick the next couple of days.
Jason & Faith will be coming along as well. The great thing about going back is getting to see all our good friends we love! I look forward to hopefully catching up with some of them.
I'll try to keep you all updated throughout the week, we'll see how well I do. =) We continue to ask for your prayers and thank you for keeping up with us and for your support!
*I do also ask for your prayers for my Uncle Tom, who I have mentioned before. He had his stem cell transplant (from my dad, his twin) last week. They had to knock down his immune system (chemo) to nothing so he could receive the "new" stem cells. However, since the chemo was so strong it has left him very tired & sick, as well as dealing with other difficult things. We are praying and believing the stem cells will work and almost be a "cure" for him. Because he received the stem cells from his identical twin brother he will not have to take all the anti-rejection medicines I do. I'm not sure when we will know if the transplant is working but he could use your prayers right now. Thank you!
The Lord will guide you always; He will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail. Isaiah 58:11
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk throug the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the Lord, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior. Isaiah 43:2-3
Monday, December 1, 2008
Headed to the Ham (Birmingham)
Posted by Emily at 11:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
I hope the trip goes well. We need to find a time to talk soon again. I hope the blessing of being with friends overshadows any of the medical difficulties and that you come back encouraged. I love you!
Em, Of course our prayers go with you to Alabama. Yall be careful and keep your positive attitude. Your verses are the perfect ones for you and your situation. I am confident God will give you glowing results. We love you. Stay strong. In Him, susan and wes
It is so good to see how good things are going for you. Keep us posted.
Can't wait to see you!! I know everything will be fine with your Bronch and your uncle. You are definitely in my prayers...and remember God is in control!! Love ya!
Post a Comment