Hey everyone...it's Emily Tardy. Don't you just hate it when I'm posting on Em's blog? I sure do. :-( I didn't get to ask Em specifically if she wanted me to update this but I know that she desires your prayers so I ask that you take this info and do just that...PRAY!
Emily was moved to ICU today at UMC in Lubbock. Her O2 saturation levels have been low and it has become increasingly more difficult for her to breathe. She is currently on a forced air oxygen mask that is giving her 100% oxygen and her levels are now fluctuating between 94-97 which is better, but still concerning. Her heart is having to work very hard as well and there is talk about intubating because she will probably get extremely tired from the effort to breathe on her own and they would rather intubate prior to any emergency type situation, if one should arise.
As you well know from her post earlier this week, it has been very difficult and even more so now on every level. Please lift her up and comment so she knows that you are praying. Faith has been sick and her time with her has been limited but they brought her up to see her Momma this afternoon. I know how much Em hates to be away from Faith and combining ICU with a sick child and the possibility of intubation is A LOT to deal with.
Right now, she is to remain at UMC in Lubbock and her Transplant team at UAB is overseeing everything via phone. If this changes, I'll let you know. Please pray for wisdom for everyone involved as there are lots of decisions to make to manage her care. Pray for fear to be defeated and for hope to prevail. Pray for courage, strength, patience and healing from whatever infection is causing this. Pray that Emily can be restful when she is awake and that she can get good sleep as well.
Thursday, July 30, 2009
Moved to ICU
Posted by Emily at 4:51 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
Oh Emily,
We are praying and love you and your family so much. I hate that you keep hitting rough patches.
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13
We continue to hope with you and pray. Love you.
Post a Comment