Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July Celebration

Hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July celebrating with family or friends. We have so much to celebrate living in America! It's easy to forget that our freedom came at a price and that so many sacrificed their lives to bring us to a place that we call "The Land of the Free." I hope that we never loose sight of the cost that brought our freedom and the truths and principals that America was founded on.


THANK YOU to all who have served their country or are serving now!!!

Well, we had a busy weekend doing all the many traditional things you do on the 4th. Even though it was crazy going from one thing to the next I just wanted to experience it all with Faith. This is how our morning started out though.......in the dog house! Yes, I told Faith to go open Maggie's door to her kennel so she could start her day and after some time went by and there was no Faith or Maggie, I had to check it out. Here is what I found.......




Poor Maggie, I think she had to go potty pretty bad!





2 in the dog house from Emily Mulkey on Vimeo.


Thanks to Ya-Ya's idea, Faith was patriotic from head to toe......or toes!


Hanging with daddy



Watching the parade with Nannie


Then headed to Nannie's Ice-Cream Shoppe for some yummy dessert



Maggie enjoyed her puppy cone too













Ice cream for two from Emily Mulkey on Vimeo.


Celebrating with family~

Swimming with cousin, Marin and daddy


Time for Sparklers!!!

(Maggie WATCH OUT!)


Too tired to finish watching the amazing firework show!

3 comments:

Katey said...

Those are some precious pictures!!! I'm glad you had a good 4th and got to spend it with Faith!! I love her patriotic toe nails!!! I hope you are feeling good!

susan said...

what a fun 4th. We had a picnic in the parking lot of the new church but a storm came up (can't believe we had rain) so we ended up in the church, then watched fire works from the parking lot. What fun!
You all look wonderful. How are you feeling-need an update. We miss you. In Him, susan and wes

Shay said...

Love the videos! Maggie is really part of the family. I love how she just goes everywhere with ya'll. Her and Faith are such great buddies. So Sweet! Hope you are feeling some better, getting some things figured out. Love ya'll.