Emily is being life flighted from Lubbock to UAB in Birmingham today at 4:30 PM. The flight should take 4 hours. How about we try and cover her entire transport in prayer from start to finish? Let's start at 4 PM and end at 10 PM. Sign up in the comments with a 15 minute block of time to be on your knees for Emily. I'll take the first block from 4-4:15pm.
The meeting this morning included the 3 doctors that are overseeing Emily's case. Dr. Young at UAB and two doctors that are new to Emily's case in Lubbock. Jason and the family have made it known that they would prefer to stay in Lubbock if at all possible but if it is better for Emily to be at UAB they are more than willing to move her. The decision was made this morning they believe there is a slight advantage to her being at UAB that is worth the risks of transporting her.
As much as Emily made progress yesterday from where she had been, she really has not been getting any better. And with being on the vent for one solid week, she really needs to be improving in order for things to progress and the possibility of coming off the vent a reality. So far, she isn't moving that direction. Jason mentioned that he is looking forward to having a new set of eyes and a new perspective for Emily's case. You just never know what a fresh approach can do.
Jason will be able to be on the medical plane with her (huge praise!) and Faith will be staying in Lubbock. Depending on which room Emily is moved to, Jason may or may not be aloud to stay overnight with her.
Don't forget to sign up to pray for 15 min from 4-10 PM.
Thursday, August 6, 2009
LifeFlight
Posted by Emily at 3:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




29 comments:
Count me in for 4:15-4:30. He will hear our prayers from heaven.
4:30-4:45
6:00-6:15
4:45-5:00
God Is Good!!
5:30-6pm
9:00-9:15pm
5:00-5:15
Love and prayers
Carrie B.
5:00-5:15.
OOPs. 5:15-5:30
6:15-6:30
9:15-9:30
9:30-9:45
Paul & Ginny 6:30 - 6:45
6:45-7:00
Daniel and Savannah Tardy @ 7:00
Pops and KK will take 8:30 - 8:45 PM. With all our love ...
I am thinking Mountain time ... so that means we will be doing central time ...7:30 to 7:45 CDT
Randy and Karen Davis - We will pray from 8:45-9:00pm
Psalm 121
I think all the time slots are filled but I will be praying too!!! Emily, we love you so much.
I'm just now reading this...but will be in prayer as much as possible! I'm glad she will be at UAB!!! I will be up there tomorrow for other things and will check on her then!
I am joining all of you in fervent prayer. I have never met Emily but feel I know her through her father and uncle (who are friends through USANA) and through my daughter, Sharlie. May God bless Emily and her entire family.
I am praying now for Emily. God's arms are around her and Jason and we must remember He is in control. Lord give her strength and fight for the days ahead. Stay strong in Him. susan and wes
We are praying for you Emily!
Jon & Katie Bernstein (Katie Dyson)
Just now reading this, so will be praying from 9-9:30
9:30-9:45
Will be praying! Love, Beth Landreth
I have been praying too even though the slots are full. Do keep us updated. Thanks Emily.
9:00-9:15
Andrea Goodwin
Emilies ...
Just wanted you to know that we had our prayer time on the front porch of the big house with the family that we live with. It was very special to pray with others who care because we all know the Savior.
I think all the times are full but I will be praying tonight!!
Magan
Post a Comment