Friday, August 7, 2009

Settled

Just talked to Jason and they are now settled in Birmingham. He mentioned several times at how amazing the staff was when she arrived. From the moment they wheeled her down the corridor, they were all over her doing just what she needed. The transition to getting her hooked up to everything could not have gone any smoother. Jason himself seems so much more relaxed and at peace as well. The staff at UAB just knows what they are doing and how best to care for her.

She is on 70% oxygen and holding steady at 98 for her O2 saturation. He doesn't know yet when they will start trying to wean her down again but it will probably be soon. She is still in the low pressure room and will be until they figure out the results from the H1N1 flu. Jason was not able to stay with her last night but is now in the townhouse next door and once Emily's dad gets there tomorrow, they will be able to switch out to have someone stay with her at all times.

This will probably be the last update until tomorrow night or Sunday as I am leaving to go see her as well and am unsure of my ability to update the blog or when I will be back. Let's keep praising God for what he has done and ask him to continue to work a miracle in her body. Pray that she makes significant improvements this weekend.

2 comments:

Katey said...

Good news! It sounds very uplifting! I was up there today visiting others, but I opted not to visit Emily/Jason, so I wouldn't catch anything, since I knew Jason had been sick too! She was in a room that allowed 24/7 visitors (and overnight), which I thought was good...not one of our back acute rooms!! I figured Jason was staying with her, but glad to hear that someone will be there nightly now! I really wanted to talk with Jason, but figured it was best for my health that I didn't get around him!

I'm leaving tomorrow on my cruise...and won't be back until Thursday. I have my Mom checking the blog and I will try to call her at least once to check on updates if possible!

PLEASE keep me updated...and if you know of any updates you don't want to share on this blog, PLEASE shoot me an email or phone/text message (205-807-0173) if possible!! I care so much about her and are really worried sick and hate that I will be gone! Her and I have gotten to be such good friends and support for each other. She is in my prayers daily and I know she is in good hands at UAB!!! I have Emily's cell #, but don't have Jason's!!!

God is definitely watching over her...and I have several prayer chains going! Please though keep me updated...whether by phone, email, etc.! Thanks girl for posting these updates!!

susan said...

Emily T, thanks so much for your updates and organization of the blog.
We continue to pray for Emily and family. I know God has her tucked in His lap and will cover her with His love.
We must just wait and let the healing begin. In Him, susan and wes