Sunday, December 13, 2009

Back to the hospital we go....

Just wanted to give everyone a quick update. I was admitted back into the hospital on Friday due to coughing and low oxygen. The doctor did a bronchoscopy on me yesterday but we probably won't know the results till Monday or sometime this week. My transplant doctors seem to think it's some kind of infection however my doctor here thinks it might be rejection. They have started me on 3 antibiotics but it's too early to really tell if they are working or not.

Jason and friends and family moved most of our stuff into the new house on Friday, which was nice to get done. Our holidays never seem to be normal or easy and this year is proving to be no different. I know it's a small thing but I haven't been able to put up my Christmas stuff or go buy a tree this year because we were trying to get moved in and now with me being in the hospital I'm not sure if it will get done. I love doing Christmas things with Faith so it's been hard. As always I pray that this is not my last Christmas either. There has been a lot going on I think we are all ready for a season of rest.

Well, I will give an update as we get them. We appreciate your prayers......

*I shared this story on my facebook but I thought I would go ahead and tell it again for those who are not on facebook. It's fun to see Faith grow in her understanding of things and have more in depth conversations with her. However, I'm not always ready for what may come out of that little mouth.............. We were rushing around trying to get out the door and Faith was not obeying and moving at the speed of a snail and I lost it and snapped at her. As we drove to our destination, I was frustrated with myself for snapping at her and I knew I needed to make amends. I very calmly apologized and waited for her response.......and this is what I got.

Faith: "I not talking to you.......you need to go in time out!" Though she was probably right I needed to take a time out, her response caught me off guard and it was hard not to laugh.

4 comments:

Carrie Woods said...

Oh, Em. I hope you'll be well on your way back home again soon and able to get the Christmas tree and all the other things you're wanting. You know what? If it runs into the time after Christmas, do it anyway! Faith sure won't know the difference and you'll get the memories, experiences, and pictures just as well:) Love you bunches and praying for good news soon.

Keri said...

Oh, praying for you sweet Em!!! May God's hand be on you to heal and bless and may the peace of Christ rule in your heart. I laughed at the story of Faith sending you to time out:) What a funny little love - wish I could meet her.

Katey said...

I am SO SORRY!! You just can't catch a break! I will definitely be praying for you. I hope it is just an infection verses rejection. Feel better soon! Things will get better..promise. My 1st year was very similar to yours. Stay strong in the Lord and he will get you through it. Let me know if there is anything I can do! Love ya girl!

susan said...

Sweet Emily, Keep your eyes on the Lord and you know He will strengthen you quickly. We pray for immediate healing and that it is infection and not rejection-I know that is the case!
Christmas will still be there when you get home so just make plans in your head so things will go smoothly when you return home.
We are praying and love you dearly.
Stay strong in Him, susan and wes