Thursday, December 17, 2009

Pray for success with PICC

It looks like I will continue my hospital stay possibly through the weekend. I'm feeling a little better but not a huge improvement right now. Also my veins are pretty used up and my arms are sore and black and blue due to all the IVs this week so I think they are going to try to put in a PICC line because I'm running out of options for an IV access. As you know it's never easy to put IVs or PICC lines in so I would really appreciate your prayers for that. I'm not sure when they will be trying to get one in today but I'm hopeful it is soon as I haven't had a working IV since 5 this morning. I am so ready to be home and I'm hopeful that if they can get this PICC in then I can go home on IVs.



Please continue to pray for my sweet hubby as he has so much on his plate right now. Our CFA store is trying to hit our goal of 6 million (we would be the first store to accomplish this). So between trying to work at the store, living between houses, caring for Faith (our family is helping a lot with her) and me and finishing little things on the new house, it getting to be a little overwhelming.

Thanks for your prayers and I'll let you know how today goes.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Emily, We are lifting you up in prayer. We pray for little pain, God's joy to fill your heart, a renewed strong spirit, a quick return home, your wonderful husband & precious daughter and peace though the holidays. In Christ, Robin & Derek

susan said...

Em, we pray that will go well and not become an ordeal. Keep strong and continue to improve. IN Him, susan and wes

Katey said...

Definitely be praying!!! You know, based on how much you have been in the hospital this year, I would recommend getting a port placement...it's easy, can be done in radiology (doesn't have to be surgery); i'm so thankful for mine. As much as I've been in this year, it is so nice when i get admitted to have that IV access and for it to last the entire time I am on IV antibiotics. It's much better than central lines (and much more comfortable); but that's just my suggestion (just trying to save you from multiple sticks)