Wednesday, December 16, 2009

A good place to start....

Hmmm, either the Lord in some way (which I can't imagine) finds me faithful and so I continue in these physical trails OR I'm not learning my lesson and so I have to re-take the class over and over again. Whatever the reason my be, I'm continuing in this season or valley of sickness and it's been difficult to "praise the Lord". Although I've never been strong physically, the Lord has always provided a strong fighter in me mentally and I think that has helped me get through many things. When I had the H1N1 flu this summer the doctors and nurses were very surprised at how much sedation I needed to keep me in a "coma" to be still. But, they reassured my husband that was also a good thing because I was fighting. Although it's been very difficult physically I feel like Satan has attacked me mentally this round and more then I would like to admit I have let him whisper lies of defeat. I've tried to write down the blessings in my life during the hard times so I can focus on that instead but I have not done it this time around but Emily T. reminded me that it would be a good place to start for my mind and heart.


Romans 12:21 ~ Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

I do believe speaking and writing out the word of God and the blessings He has given you is more powerful then just thinking it. You are putting into action overcoming evil with good. So here is a beginning list of what I'm thankful for. Maybe, you are having a tough month, year or Christmas season I encourage you to write your blessings either on your own or on my comment page so you can SEE there is always beauty even in the dessert.

I'm thankful for~
*My husband who is so patient with me and tenderly loves me through every season we have gone through.
*My daughter who gives me a reason to smile when I can't seem to find one. Her sweet voice when she tells me I'm going to get better and that she loves me gives me strength to fight for her
*All of my family and friends who pray for me, are patient with me when I'm not fun to be around and help Jason and I in so many ways!
*Our new house that I'm looking forward to living in
*The good conversations I have had with my brother, Tyler while I've been in the hospital. I'm not sure if we would have had them other wise.
*Not dealing with rejection right now
*My new red wig, hehe
*The Lord prolonging my life this long and how He has been able to use my CF to help others.
*My dear, sweet friend Emily.....my angel who knows me so well and for some reason still loves me and stands by me through thick and thin.
*My family who cheer me on and give so much to me
*The Lord giving me new lungs to live with
*The Lord never giving up on me
*and to all of you who follow our journey through this blog. You prayers and encouragement are so uplifting to us.

3 comments:

Emily T said...

Oh Em, I love you so much and I'm so glad you wrote some things down to remind you of His faithfulness. You know I wish your circumstances would be different but I know He sees you fit to make Him known in these difficulties. Keep holding on and trusting Him and putting truth into your mind. I'm thankful for you and thankful I get to see you in a week!

susan said...

Emily, you always make me think and I too need to count my blessing in this season. The Lord is always faithful and "grace is a wonderful thing" and I do work Him overtime on that!
Hope you are back in your new house soon and Santa visits you and yours there.
We love you and admire you so much. Stay strong in Him, love susan and wes

Heather Light said...

Hi Emily--thank you for reminding me all that I have to be thankful for.
Dear precious Lord and Savior, I am thankful for you, for lifting me up out of my own pit of mud and gunk and placing me on solid ground. I ask you to lift Emily up Lord, lift her out of this valley and place her upon your rock. Give her restored health and sound mind and body. I thank you for what you have already done in her life and for the influence her testimony has had in my own life. You alone are Lord and we praise you.