Well, I don't have a lot to report. It doesn't look like rejection at this time but they are sending the reports to another lab to make sure. They believe it is a pseudomonas, pneumonia. For those of you who know my CF history pseudomonas is the main problem I had. I could never fully get rid of it and it caused much scare tissue. Anyway, I don't really know how this all plays out with my new lungs but it definitely is growing in my lungs and causing pain, low oxygen and coughing. I am on IV antibiotics right now but as of right now they don't seem to be doing very much in helping knock this out. It's been a frustrating and draining time for the both of us. My body is worn out and at times I don't know just how much more it can take but like we have seen before God can still do miracles.
I'll update anything new as we hear.
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Tuesday update
Posted by Emily at 4:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
Em-God is still in the business of miracles and He has His big 'ol hand on you! Stay strong and rest. We love and miss you. In Him, susan and wes
Love you, Em. How 'bout I come visit you today? Oh right, I'm too far away!!
Bless your little heart, Emily. Know you are loved all the way from Kansas.
Diana
Thinking of you Emily..wish I was there,I'd put up your Christmas tree. :)
Yes, God can still do miracles. I hate this for you and are praying for you! Psuedomonas was always the main bacteria i had before transplant. And frankly, i don't remember the doctors telling me otherwise.
Anyways, since transplant, everytime i get an infection, pneumonia, etc., it is pseudomonas; i can't get rid of it. It seems to always be growing. They started me on TOBI (one month on, one off) to try to control the infections caused by it. It seems like it is working some. I've got an infection now, but trying antibiotics first.
Feel better missy! You need to feel good for Christmas! Love ya and let me know if you need anything.
Post a Comment