Saturday, August 2, 2008

Back Home to the Lone Star State!

Well.....I think I've given my lungs a good test to see just how well they will hold up in a fast pace life. Starting with us running a little behind (or what we & others call Mulkey standard time) to catch our flight out to TX, we had to speed walk with me pushing Faith in the stroller & carrying my hand bag. I'm excited to say I made it without any stops to catch my breath. It felt as if we were traveling too light without my heavy chest vest, nebulizer, cold meds and oxygen. It was nice to not have to explain to the security what my chest vest was. =) As I said before it has been 2 years since I last went home and so from the moment we landed to the time we left it was none stop seeing family & friends as well as getting ready for my mom's wedding! Being able to travel again and going home was the greatest feeling, almost like letting a bird out of its cage. Although it was wild and crazy we loved seeing everyone and am so thankful we were able to go. The wedding was beautiful and we are excited to have Darryl apart of the family.

Prayer~ I will have another bronchoscopy tomorrow (Monday) to check for rejection/infection again. We pray the round of meds I did has cleared up the small rejection I had two weeks ago. Thank you for your prayers....


"Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken. My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my might rock, my refuge. Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to him for God is our refuge". Ps. 62:5-8

We have many loved ones going through a difficult time and this is our prayer for them that they could rest in the Lord and know He is their strong rock and protection. He is ready to fight our battles and give rest when we cannot go another step.

Papa, we love you and we know the Lord is holding your hand.

My baby looks sooo grown up! Of course, for her first plane ride I had to get her, her own back pack......and it had to be a Dora back pack! (Dora the Explorer is her favorite show!) Although I think I stuffed it too full with books and the first time I put it on her she fell back wards! She was very proud of her own bag to carry.




Although she is yawning in the picture she really does think Darryl is lots of fun.

She was reunited with her long lost boyfriend, they have been separated over the summer =)
FLASH NEWS!! We are all excited because Hayden will now be also apart of our family as he purposed to Callie last week! They will probably be married this December over winter break.



Back with my Ya Ya (Aunt Callie)



Faith did not get a nap the day of the wedding so she was not in the mood to take pictures but she made a beautiful flower girl!

She wasn't into walking down the aisle by herself so mama helped out. Nor did she like just throwing the petals and not being able to pick them back up. Being a flower girl is such hard work....
My mom looked very beautiful!


Faith loved being with her cousins, Josh & Marin (Dave & Melissa's children)! They danced all night!


One last picture for the night....we always forget about the family pictures till we are all tired and pooped!


Many cousins to play with and eat ice cream at Nana's (my mom) and Darryl's Ice Cream Shop! Here are Brandon (Jason's brother) & Christie's children; Jane, Tom, Jake, Peter & Sissy (their foster baby girl). We are excited about two new nieces due in November (That will make 6 for Brandon's family & 3 for Melissas)!


Here is a video of the kids dancing or should I say doing the splits at the wedding. Faith is very much into doing splits these days.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise God Em-I know Texas must have felt good and everyone looks so beautiful. Congrats to mom, he is a hunk, also to Carrie, how exciting. You look great! and Faith and Jason are awesome too. So glad you can be with family again. God is good. In Him, susan and wes

Sharlie Kaltenbach said...

Hi Sweet Emily, I love posts with lots of pictures and good news!! You look so beautiful and I just about cry every time I see a picture of you, you radiate God's love and mercy. I am so grateful to know you. I can't even imagine rushing through an airport without having to stop to catch my breath, I bet that was amazing. I am so glad you got to finally go home and be with your loved ones. Congrats on all the wonderful things happening in your family! I will definitely focus my prayers for you on a clear bronch with no rejection. Love you tons, shar

Author of this blog said...

"We are excited about two new nieces due in November!"

Does that mean twins?

The Sandlin Family said...

2 years is a long time. I bet it felt amazing! You all were so beautiful. My eyes still fill with tears when I see how awesome you are doing. Have an awesome week.
Tara

Tiff said...

Wow!! Where to begin?! You look so beautiful and healthy, Faith is too cute, your mom looks amazing...so happy for her. A huge congrats to Callie!! What fun news!! Love you!!

Anonymous said...

Your Mom looks lovely, and you look beautiful too! Erika and all :)