Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

I realize this holiday brings tears of joy and tears of sorrow for some of you as you might have lost your mother or are becoming a brand new mom this year. Whatever your relationship is with your mother one thing is for sure and that is she has left a forever mark in your life. Now as a mama of Faith I continue to be amazed at what a huge yet wonderful gift, service God has given me to do. It is not always an easy road to become the mother you want to be but I am beginning to learn that it is through my failures that I can teach her more about the Lord, life and herself then when I am "doing everything right". Motherhood is not just a journey to teach your child about life lessons but it becomes a journey you take with your Savior. A journey in which you begin to see how you respond and act in the same way to your Heavenly Father as your child does you. A road in which you learn to love, forgive, cry, laugh, extend grace, test patience and become a student all over again.


Love you, Mom!


Mothers & Daughters




Taking care of me once again in the hospital and celebrating the miracle of new lungs

Love my Nannie


I am thankful for the mother I have and the love and joy she has brought to my life. She has not had an easy job raising me with all of my health issues (and maybe some stubbornness along the way) but I have never once heard her complain. The countless hours she did over the years in helping with my breathing treatments, giving me my CPT (percussion), keeping up with all of my meds, the many doctors visits and hospital stays as well as staying up with me throughout the night due to coughing so much. Not only did she take care of me physically but her love for the Lord and her leadership in teaching her children about the Lord gave me a spiritual seed to grow. We are good friends....well we refer to each other most of the time as sisters and I'm forever thankful for all that she is and all that she has done for me. I LOVE YOU MOM!!!

Update~
I got to Birmingham around midnight and they took another x-ray and the doctor felt that it is probably pneumonia instead of rejection. However, they will still do a bronch probably today to check everything. We continue to pray that it is not rejection and that these meds clear up whatever infection I have. Please pray that I do well with the bronch as I always seem to struggle with it. (Hopefully NO more shots in my rear this time in the recovery room....see older post Crazy Lady on the Loose!) Thank you so much for your prayers, it means so much to us. Jason, Faith and Mimi (Jason's mom) arrived here this afternoon. They drove the 18 hour drive through the night and so we thank you for lifting them up in your prayers.

My Grandma sent me this and I thought it was so funny and so true! Hope you enjoy reading it and laugh at some of the funny things we do as moms.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL YOU GREAT MOMS!

~Lessons you learn from your mom~

1. My mother taught me TO APPRECIATE A JOB WELL DONE. "If you're going to kill each other, do it outside. I just finished cleaning."

2. My mother taught me RELIGION. "You better pray that will come out of the carpet."

3. My mother taught me about TIME TRAVEL . "If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!"

4. My mother taught me LOGIC . " Because I said so, that's why."

5. My mother taught me MORE LOGIC. "If you fall out of that swing and break your neck, you're not going to the store with me."

6. My mother taught me FORESIGHT. "Make sure you wear clean underwear, in case you're in an accident ."

7. My mother taught me IRONY. "Keep crying, and I'll give you something to cry about."

8. My mother taught me about the science of OSMOSIS. "Shut your mouth and eat your supper."

9. My mother taught me about CONTORTIONISM . "Will you look at that dirt on the back of your neck!"

10. My mother taught me about STAMINA. "You'll sit there until all that spinach is gone."

11. My mother taught me about WEATHER. "This room of yours looks as if a tornado went through it."

12. My mother taught me about HYPOCRISY. "If I told you once, I've told you a million times. Don't exaggerate!"

13. My mother taught me the CIRCLE OF LIFE . "I brought you into this world, and I can take you out."

14. My mother taught me about BEHAVIOR MODIFICATION. "Stop acting like your father!"
15. My mother taught me about ENVY. "There are millions of less fortunate children in this world who don't have wonderful parents like you do."

16. My mother taught me about ANTICIPATION. "Just wait until we get home."

17. My mother taught me about RECEIVING . "You are going to get it when you get home!"

18. My mother taught me MEDICAL SCIENCE . "If you don't stop crossing your eyes, they are going to get stuck that way."

19. My mother taught me ESP. "Put your sweater on; don't you think I know when you are cold?"

20. My mother taught me HUMOR. "When that lawn mower cuts off your toes, don't come running to me."

21. My mother taught me HOW TO BECOME AN ADULT. "If you don't eat your vegetables, you'll never grow up."

22. My mother taught me GENETICS. "You're just like your father."

23. My mother taught me about my ROOTS . "Shut that door behind you. Do you think you were born in a barn?"

24. My mother taught me WISDOM. "When you get to be my age, you'll understand."

25. And my favorite: My mother taught me about JUSTICE. "One day you'll have kids, and I hope they turn out just like you.
"Strength and dignity are her clothing, and she laughs at the time to come. She opens her mouth with wisdom, and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue. She looks well to the ways of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness. Her children rise up and call her blessed" Proverbs 31:25-28

6 comments:

susan said...

What a sweet Mother's Day tribute. We will pray about the bronc and look forward to hearing how well it went. Stay strong in Him, susan and wes

Katey said...

Hey...i just read that you were transferred to UAB. I'm sorry...I hope you are feeling much better. What did the bronch show...or do you know yet? If you need anything...let me know...i'm just a few minutes away!! Praying for you!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Emily, We continue to check your blog weekly and to pray for your medical needs. You have such a great attitude despite the painful treatments and uncertainty, which is always an encouragement. I love seeing the photos of your sweet family. I had an English bulldog/hound mix as a child and I can tell you he was extremely intelligent and the best pet anyone could ask for. I would ride on his back when I was really little. So it brought back good memories seeing Faith with her new puppy. We'll continue praying and checking on you. Say hello to your family for us. May the Lord pour out his mercy and healing. Love, The McClearys

Carrie said...

Hey Em-

Thinking of and praying for you!Hope all goes well with the bronc.
Carrie B.

Kelly said...

Emily...We love you and are praying for you guys as you are back at UAB. God is faithful and will give you the strength you and Jason need! James 1:2-4
Love, Kelly

Shay said...

I love your Mother's Day writing. So sweet! Know that you're covered up in prayer. I hope to see you soon. Love you much!