Monday, January 18, 2010

Against all Hope, Abraham in Hope Believed

This is going to be brief because I need to rest but we had quite a scare last night as my oxygen continued to drop and I couldn't breath and had lots of pain. They quickly moved me to ICU and tried to calm me down because I thought I was going to have a panic attack. The doctors said they didn't want to antedate me again but if I continued falling they would need too. As tears ran down my face, I could only think of this verse in Romans 4:18~ Against all Hope, Abraham in hope believe and so became the father of many nations, just as it had been said to him.
..............Being fully persuaded that God and power to do what He had promised". Romans 4:21
Hope was not looking very bright for me last night but I just kept thinking if Abraham found hope in Christ when there was no hope then I too need to trust in that same hope.

I'm on high oxygen right now but my stats are staying up right now and I got some rest today. I'm still pretty sick but we just need to take one day one step at a time. Try to write tomorrow and give an update. We continue to need your prayers.........thanks!

11 comments:

Keri said...

praying Emily...praying praying praying - May His promises and loving arms uphold you...

Micahl said...

praying for you friend. i love you and pray that God continues to comfort you!

Katey said...

I'm so sorry girl. I know that must have been scary. Praying for you..praying for peace and answers, so you can get back to life! Hang in there and let me know if there is anything else I can do! God's got you in his arms...and yay for you holding on to that hope...it's tough sometimes. Love ya!

susan said...

Oh Em, Rest in His arms and just don't think! God is good and really faith is all we have so hold tight. Praying constantly, In Him, susan and wes

Anonymous said...

Talked to Mimi last night for an update. We are all praying for you. It's so wonderful to see how many friends/family do pray for you! I am sure for every one that posts there are 10 more that don't but are praying. Shalom!!!!

Love you,
the Wilburns

Carrie Woods said...

Love ya, Em, and yes we are praying for you:)

Johnnie B said...

You are in my prayers daily!! Praying for you to get well soon and to be back with your sweet family and new home soon!
Love you,
JB

Deonne said...

Praying for you my sweet friend.

Anonymous said...

We still check your blog regularly. It is a privilege to be able to pray for your family. Love you, The McClearys

Heather Light said...

Feel better soon sweet Emily.

Anonymous said...

Emily - i constantly stay in touch by reading your blog. My heart aches for all you have to go through but you faith is what stands out the most. What an example you are each time I read your blog! God bless you, sweet girl and know I am praying for you. My mom reads your blog, too, and constantly prays for you even though she has never met you. She tells me how your unwaverly faith has changed her! Stay strong and continue to believe. Your little Faith is beautiful (and so is the dog!) ha Love you -- Diana Fink