Wednesday, January 20, 2010

:-(

Hey everybody, it's Emily T. I talked to Jason this evening after not hearing from Emily all day. Em was intubated at about 4:30pm this afternoon and placed on the ventilator. The consensus is that she is fighting pseudomonas (which she has fought many times before) and the unknown fungus they were looking into last week has been ruled out (a good thing). After she was moved to ICU earlier this week, she remained on 100% oxygen with a face mask and her saturations stayed in the low 90s. Today, her breathing became labored and her stats went down which led to being intubated. They have her sedated and although in typical Emily fashion, she has fought it some, they have been able to get her comfortable and she is resting.

Please continue to pray for her body to fight off the infection, that this time on the ventilator will allow her to rest, and for Jason and the family to have strength and energy to fight along with her.

11 comments:

susan said...

Thanks so much Emily T for the update. I wondered because of the silence. Will pray and give Jason our love. You are the best friend ever to Em. In Him, susan and wes

Carrie Woods said...

Prayed for Emily at Bible Study this morning but had not seen the post last night. Praying even harder for all of them. Thanks, Emily T.

Carrie Woods said...

"You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory. Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart & my portion forever". Psalm 73:24-26

anne said...

I've been thinking about you, Emily, and your words in past posts when you poured your heart out about the "whys" behind this horrible disease. I was so touched because you said what my heart struggles with when I get sick (having CF too.) Thank you. I have copied that and will refer to it as I need to when my health is crapping out. I have a devotional called "Streams in the Desert" that has many times brought me great peace.

Here's an excerpt from May 25 that might help you today.

I endure everything for the sake of the elect, that they too may obtain the salvation that is in Christ Jesus, with eternal glory. (2Tim 2:10)

"Who has not learned that our most sorrowful days are frequently our best? The days when our face is full of smiles and we skip easily through the soft meadow God has adorned with spring flowers, the capacity of our heart is often wasted.

Remember, Jesus said, "Blessed are those who mourn" (Matt 5:4). Stars shine the brightest during the long dark night of winter. And the gentian wildflowers display their fairest blooms among the nearly inaccessible heights of the mountain snow and ice.

God seems to use the pressure of pain to trample out the fulfillment of His promises and thereby release the sweetest juice of His winepress. Only those who have known sorrow can fully appreciate the great tenderness of the "man of sorrows" (Isa. 53:3).

You may be experiencing little sunshine, but the long periods of gloomy darkness have been wisely designed for you, for perhaps a lengthy stretch of summer weather would have made you like parched land or a barren wilderness. Your Lord knows best, and the clouds and the sun wait for His command."

We beseech you, Lord, for your healing...your Spirit to be the balm of peace. Father, we beg for your healing hands to reach into Emily's inner parts and make right all the diseased areas that are out of order. God, we beg, we plead for our sister. We thank you that you are All Knowing and All Seeing and that you weep with Emily in her frustration and pain. You are good and kind, even when we (our small selves) can not understand all that is happening on the surface. Amen

Stacy said...

Praying

Katey said...

Awe..I hate that. I will definitely be praying for her (and Jason/family too)!! I know she is strong and will fight this...just want her to have a break!! Keep us updated!

Noell said...

Emily, prayers are being offered in Austin for you and your family! Noell Lambert Alley

Carrie Woods said...

Just in case anyone reads this tonight, please pray for Emily diligently. She is not doing well at all and is being med-flighted to UAB tonight. Some of Emily's friends are fasting tomorrow either at the noon hour or all day as well as praying.

Cindy Navarro said...

PRAYING.

susan said...

Praying, hang on Emily. God has you right there in His arms. We love you. susan and wes

Unknown said...

Emily, Jason and Faith,

We are praying mightily for you all.

Anne and Peter Griffith and family