Thursday, January 14, 2010

It's a waiting game

Well they did the bronchoscopy yesterday but of course it is too early to tell anything for sure. My doctor said that he could tell there was some kind of infection going on though. However, like most bronchs in the past it has left me feeling even worse today (a lot more pain, very short of breath and I was coughing up some blood this morning). I try not to dwell on all the what-ifs and the fact that I'm not getting better but right now we just don't know a whole lot. I've been praying that the Lord, who sees all and knows all would help bring to light what we need to know to hopefully treat it. Even though my doctor's are puzzled, I know nothing is hidden from the Lord and so I just pray He will give them the wisdom to know which path to take.

I keep up with another CF girl (http://livinglifebreathlessly.blogspot.com) who got a transplant almost 2 years ago and her most recent post she talked about being admitted to the hospital and that it had been the first time she was back in the hospital since transplant (2 yrs). First of all I am so happy for her and amazed at how well she has done but it is also hard to understand why some do really well after transplant and for others it continues to be a daily battle.

Faith enjoys being at the hospital especially when the hospital dogs come around to brighten up the patients. You know how much she loves dogs so she was beside her self having 3 dogs in the room. She kept saying,"they are soooo cute! They want to kiss me!" She thinks every dog should be her best friend. =)

4 comments:

Jane said...

Hi! I can't remember where I saw your blog initially. My sister has had 2 double lung transplants and I'm sure I saw it on a CF blog ... I just can't remember which one, but I think it might have been Katey's. Promise I'm not some crazy ... :) Hope this year gets easier for you.

Carrie Woods said...

My prayers are with you and the doctors, Emily. This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it! I'm so thankful that you have so many blessings to count in times like these!

susan said...

Stay strong sweet Em. Praying still for wisdom for the Drs. Hope they will have answers soon and you begin to feel better. Praise God for Faith, such a bright spot for you and Jason. We love and miss you. In Him, susan and wes

Katey said...

I definitely agree there! Last year, I was in the hospital 4 times, and additionally did a round of HOME IV abx. I've started out this new year in the hospital too. I never understand why others do so well and never get sick, or if they do, it is very infrequent. I never understand. And yet, I'm more active sometimes and take really good care of myself...and it continues to be a mystery to me. So I can definitely relate with you here, although you have had a few more intense situations than me! Praying for both of us! I just remind myself that I am almost 6 years post transplant, and I wasn't even expected to survive my transplant...so I'm extremely thankful to GOD for his miracle, and try to focus on that.