It's been a rough 48 hours as I can't even get out of bed to walk to the restroom without dipping into the low 80's with my oxygen. I've got quite a bit of pain as well. So far everything that they have tested for (samples from the bronch) have come back negative which is a good thing yet not a good thing at the same time. They believe it is still a pneumonia and so I'm on 1 antibiotic and a couple of inhalation meds. So not much has changed but we continue to pray the Lord will give the doctor's wisdom to know how best to treat this infection. So far nothing seems to have worked and I've gotten worse the past couple of days. Not sure how long I will be in the hospital although I know I won't be going home this weekend. As you think of us in your prayers please not only pray for physical healing but emotional strength. It's hard to describe your emotions when you live with a terminal illness and when you are tired physically you can't help but feel beaten up emotionally. Pray for Jason has he has so much on his plate and I feel like he never really gets a break. I will be the first to say I don't understand God's ways but He calls me to trust Him and so that is what I'm trying to do. As long as Peter focused on Christ he could walk on water, it was when he let the circumstances around him become more important then focusing on Christ did he begin to sink. Though I continue to walk through the storm of physical trails I pray the Lord will help me stay focused on Him and not the uncertainties that surround me. We appreciate all the prayers and encouragement you give. Thanks!
"In the morning, O Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation." Psalm 5:3
Friday, January 15, 2010
Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for Him
Posted by Emily at 1:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Em, praying! Look forward to better days, He is still in control. In Him, susan and wes
Praying for you! You know I've been in your place and this last pneumonia, I had to use the oxygen, and couldn't walk from the bed to the restroom without gasping for air, let alone my sats dipping as well. It was definitely an eye opener. God has his reasons...and I don't always understand either. We are post-transplant, and are supposed to be healthier and not endure these recurrent infections and hospital stays. But I know there is a reason behind it all! Praying for you and for Jason, for emotional and physical strength and healing. Love you girl!!
We ARE praying for you Emily, and looking, as you are, to Him and to His glory... keeping our eyes on His beautiful face. Love you:)
Post a Comment