Sunday, January 24, 2010

Transported to UAB

Psalm 71:20-21

20 You who have made me see many troubles and calamities will revive me again;
from the depths of the earth you will bring me up again.
21 You will increase my greatness and comfort me again.

Emily was transported to UAB in Birmingham yesterday. She started taking a downward turn on Friday and the doctors in Lubbock felt that she needed to be moved. She started swelling up a lot and they were not quite sure of the cause. Em has a blood clot in her arm due to the pic line that she has had for awhile and that is a possible cause.

The plane arrived in Lubbock @ 5 AM and now that they are in Birmingham, they once again seem to have a better outlook for Emily. I have not been able to connect with Jason yet but Stephanie (Emily's Mom) believes that the outlook is much better and positive than it has been over the last 48 hours or so and that Jason does not think it will be as long and drawn out as earlier this year with the Swine Flu. Jason's Dad and I believe his brother too are in Birmingham with Jason.

Em is still sedated but she was at a 1 on sedation and her vent settings were low...50% oxygen and 3 PEEP. This is good. She is maintaining good oxygenation as well. Pray for her physically and that her numbers and stats would continue to improve.

As many of you know because of your faithful prayers for Emily, her bout with the Swine Flu and long recovery has been and is still in process. Her body has not recovered to where it was before and her mind, heart and spirit have suffered as well. Please continue to pray for her in all of these ways.

I'm reminded of a song we used to sing in our Student Ministry growing up. It's by Darrell Evans entitled Trading My Sorrows and is taken from 2 Corinthians 4. I would encourage all of you to read it. Here's a link: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2%20cor%204&version=NIV

I'm trading my sorrow
I'm trading my shame
I'm laying it down for the joy of the Lord

I'm trading my sickness
I'm trading my pain
I'm laying it down for the joy of the Lord

Chorus:
And we say yes Lord yes Lord yes yes Lord
Yes Lord yes Lord yes yes Lord
Yes Lord yes Lord yes yes Lord Amen

I'm pressed but not crushed persecuted not abandoned
Struck down but not destroyed
I'm blessed beyond the curse for his promise will endure
And his joy's gonna be my strength

Though the sorrow may last for the night
His joy comes with the morning

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to see an update. Praying here in NC. His mercies are many. Love, the McClearys

Anonymous said...

Still praying and thank you Emily T. for this update. Love, Beth L.

Carrie Woods said...

So glad to hear some good news and praying for more!

Shay said...

Good to hear the outlook is alot better this time around. Will continue praying. Thank you Emily T. for updating us.

susan said...

thanks so much for the update. Don't understand why this again, but you can certainly see how many lives she has touched through her rough journey. Hurts my heart to see all she has been through.
We love you Em and pray continuously for comfort and hearling. In Him, susan and wes

Johnnie B said...

I am praying daily for Emily's recovery and that she will be able to have a quality lifestyle with her sweet family. God is good...even in bad times. We will continue to pray!
Johnnie B