Once again I apologize for not staying in better touch, one of my excuses is that AT&T can not get their act together and get us going with our Internet so I've been going over to my sister in-laws house to check my e-mail. Besides that our life has been very busy crazy with Christmas, 4 birthdays, family staying at our house during Christmas and trying to get settled into our new house. Our Christmas was a very nice one and it was a breath of fresh air to be able to spend it with all our family and not in the hospital. However, I am back in the hospital this week. I've never really felt better since my last visit to the hospital and I've just continued to get worse. I'm coughing a lot, shortness of breath and pain in my chest. They think they might have found a fungus in my lungs but they are also not sure if it is really effecting me. The treatment to help this fungus is very toxic and hard on the liver and kidneys so they don't want to do the treatment unless they have a better understanding of how it might be effecting me. They plan to do another bronchoscopy tomorrow but as of right now they don't have any answers for the way I'm feeling. It's been frustrating and discouraging as I feel like I am back to where I was before transplant. I'm not sure if the H1N1 has damaged my lungs permanently or if this is something I can get over. I'm not sure what God's plan is in all of this and we just continue to ask for wisdom and grace. Please pray we would have peace and joy in this situation. Thanks...
Ok, on to more interesting news..........
I thought I would share Faith's most recent adventure..........hanging on.....at least to the garage door! The other day we were headed out and as we walked to the car to load up I pushed the garage door button to open it and walked around the car. Faith ran the other way around the car and before I got to the car door she began to scream! I had no idea what had happened so I rushed to the back of the car and couldn't believe what I saw! My daughter had grabbed the garage door and it had pulled her up and she was hanging in mid-air. She was not about to let go and her little hands were hurting from holding on. I grabbed her and after comforting her began to explain that we never do that because you will fall not to mention could break the door! So now every time we go into the garage she says, "I have to be careful of the garage." I'm just glad it was our 8 ft high door and not the middle door that is 14 feet high!
Also, we ended 2009 with a bang! I'm so proud of Jason and Brandon (my brother in-law) for working so hard to meet their goal in the Chick-Fil-A business. We are ranked the #1 Chick-Fil-A in the chain! We had the strangest Christmas because it snowed (we never get snow around Christmas) for several days and it really killed our sales so we weren't sure if we were going to make the goal but somehow by God's grace the last two days of December we were busy crazy and made it! Very proud of them!!!
Well, I promise I'll get a picture up soon of our house but we have really enjoyed it and it's more then I deserve or could hope for. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and that 2010 has started out on a good foot for you.
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
Hanging on.....
Posted by Emily at 1:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
Oh my gosh ... I've been reading for a long time, but I'm not sure I ever posted. I'm jealous because I think maybe you get all the chick-fil-a you could ever want. That would be fabulous. Absolutely fabulous. :) Praying that the fungal issue gets resolved soon!
Em, praying for wisdom for the drs. and that you would feel better soon. So thankful for little Faith as I am sure she brings lots of smiles into your life. I know God gave her to you for that reason-what a joy!
Hang on and look to better days, we love you and are praying! In Him susan and wes
I was one of your nurses when you had Faith and we went to Northbrook together. You're in my thoughts a lot and I'm so glad i found your blog. I will continue to pray for your healing!
Praying for you, sweet Emily. Hey, some good news to share... a dear friend of mine from h.s. has been dealing with her hubby's affair and his leaving her a year ago and filing for divorce sometime after that. Well, he told her a few months ago that he wanted to put the divorce proceedings on hold and today she called to tell me that he has moved back home! She has been amazingly faithful and I'm ecstatic for this progress for them and their little ones! God is good!!!
Congrats on the Chick-fil-A accomplishment. That's awesome. I'm glad you had a good Christmas, but hate that you are still not feeling well.
I've been in your place before and know how frustrating it can be with no answers. I will definitely be praying that the docs can find some answers and that peace will overwhelm you and Jason.
Thanks for your comment on my blog. With regards to the Megace situation, I do have an appetite and are hungry. So that is really not the problem. Something has been aggravating it in the hospital, causing major distension and pain. It is getting some better and they believe it is just the antibiotics. With my gallbladder surgery, it has taken a long time for my stomach to get back to normal, and not even sure if it is there yet. I used Megace before my transplant, and it was a miracle drug for me...loved it. But right now hunger is not an issue. Thanks for the advice though.
Feel better...keep me updated.
I believe they will get the answers soon about the fungal issue! I hate that you have to be back in the hospital...but I am praying it will only be for a little bit! Bet Faith will certainly keep you busy as she tries all the new things she finds in this world! Enjoy every moment...even the scarey ones! They go so fast! Proud of Jason and his bro. for the Chick-fil-a accomplishments! Way to go! Please know...we continue to pray daily for you and your family! Love you, JB
Post a Comment